GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2006 08:07:33 +0200
Brother Saihou,

No, you are mistaken in saying that Bira Go /Birago writes daily on Gambia-L
and Gambia Post. Discussions on the Post do sometimes find there way on to
the L and vice versa when some subscribers deliberately respond to these to
both fora. But Birago is not subscribed to Gambia-l. At any rate, not with
that nom-de-guerre.
I have known him for more than twenty years and we have worked together as
comrades for the same cause for the better part of those years. Yet when he
finally decided to join the L, he chose to seek subscription by requesting
help through Joe Sambou using a phoney identity even though he is in my neck
of the woods! There is nothing wrong with that as a matter of fact. But he
went on to post some malicious mail about positions I adopted on issues
relating to the NADD coalition, through the "jottali" services of Pa Nderry
Mbai's Freedom newspaper.
Even that is no big deal. Debating, agreeing and disagreeing on issues,
helping one another grow, is one reason why some of us use our time here.
But to wear a stupid mask to enhance once capacity for posting malicious
content about issues and/or individuals, is simply an act of ultimate
cowardice and shows great dishonesty.
There are many people on the list registered under dubious names. But list
managers do not deliberately enlist people whose identities they know to be
factually imagined.
And as I wrote months ago, the struggle against tyranny cannot be carried
out by ghosts.

Cheers,
Momodou S Sidibeh