GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamine Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 16:16:04 -0500
Comrades:

The problem with the phone lines in the Gambia is lack of enough circuits
to handle telephone messaging.  Gamtel is unable to increase its
technological expenditure because the dictator is dwindling its resources.
This problem will persist as long as the entity{Gamtel) remains a
government monopoly.  The best solution is to privatize.  The company then
will only adhere to the stockholders, and not to the dictator.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh

--- Lamine Conteh
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.