GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou s Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 00:01:05 +0200
Brother Joe Sambou,

I concur fully with O.J and yourself. But I think we infact need to go further than stating the political and socio-economic potential of Diasporan Gambians. It seems to me that our huge economic potential, deliberately and intelligently harnessed could send the most portent signals of our political significance to the ruling elite in Gambia.

We have only our own organisational weakness to blame for the regime's recalcitrance in denying 80,000 of us to vote in national elections. When we become truely conscious of our economic might, then and only then will we grasp the significance of coordinating our collective movement towards affecting our nation's destiny.

Cheers,
Momodou S Sidibeh