GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Jabang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 13:52:01 GMT
Asalaamu alaikum Yunusa

Alhamdulillah and I am very happy to learn that you are a member of the
great 'Quantumnet team'. So you all keep it up. May Allah reward you all. I
just want to draw attention to the following part of Aunty Rashida's (may
Allah keep her well) mail. She wrote:

<<The young folks at Quantum are MINE!  Not only are they bringing
  technology
  home to The Gambia, teaching and reaching out -- there is never a
  time I've
  been to their offices that Salat is not stopped for by nearly every
  individual there.  I'm more proud of that fact than their other
  achievements.>>

MashaAllah, Alhamdulillah. This is great; for establishing the prayer under
any circumstances is the highest peak of worship. Allah said,'Alladheena
yuqeemuuna salaat.......oula ika ala hudan min rabbi him' (Those who
establish prayer..... are on right guidance from their lord). He Subhana hu
wata aala went on to say 'oula ika humul muflihoon' (Those are the
successful ones). Indeed you have a recipe for success Quantumnet. When the
Prophet (SAW) was on his death bed he kept exhorting Muslims to hold fast
unto salaah. It is said that Umar ibn Khataab used to send messages to his
governors emphasizing the importance of establishing salaah before all else.
Its importance cannot be overemphasized. It was the only command among the
pillars of Islaam given to the Prophet (SAW) on the Night of Ascension
(Isra' wa Mi'raaj).

The Prophet (SAW) said it is the barrier between a Muslim and a Kaafir. He
(SAW) said whoever abandons it will rise with Kaafirs such as Firaun,
Haaman, Abu Jahl and Ubai ibn Khalaf. The latter was a big Makkan
businessman who denied the Prophet (SAW) and his wealth on earth will not
benefit him on the Day of Judgement.  Sayid Saabiq in Fiqh Sunnah reported
that it was the only act of worship whose abandonment made the companions
(radhialahu anhum) consider one a Kaafir. The Prophet (SAW) said whoever
establishes it, it will be a light and an evidence for you in the next world
and you will enter Jannah with ease. It is the first thing to be judged and
if it is rated good all other accounts will be good, but if it is bad all
other actions will be rendered fruitless.

So brother Yunusa you all keep it up, for Allah has exclusively praised in
the Qur'aan people whose trade, job or whatever activity does not keep them
from the rememberance of Allah. And indeed He Subhaana hu wa ta'aala said,
'aqeemu salaata li dhikri' (establish prayer for my rememberance). So I
exhort myself and all of you to keep this treasure of worship and make our
workplaces illuminate with the establishment of prayer.

'Allahumma a'inna ala dhikraka, wa shukrika, wa husni ibaadatika' (O Allah,
help us in remembering You, thanking You and worshipping You in the best
manner). Rabbi ji alni muqeemu saalta wamin dhurriyati, Rabbana wa taqabbal
du'a. ( O my lord, put me among those who establish salaah as well as my
offspring, O my Lord accept my prayers). Allahumma salli wasallim ala
Nabiyyina Muhammad wa ala alihi wasahbihi waman taba'ahum bi ihsaani ila
yaumi deen. Wasalaam.

Modou Mbye