GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mariatou Sonko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 12:47:39 -0500
Wow! Mr. Haruna Darboe, a Feminatzi.....is that a compliment or what?  You
must have confused the sound of thunder with the sound of fireworks; but
let's move on.  I will give you the benefit of the doubt to prove me
wrong.  I promise you that if you can convince me that it is best for us
not to dialogue, but rather to continue with the incessant squabble among
ourselves as the solution, I will sing your praises for all to hear.

Do you mean to tell me that our energy and resources was better utilized in
the campaign than on the economy?  Are you alleging that partisanship makes
more sense than bipartisanship in the Gambia?  Must we continue with this
trend of divisiveness until next election and make a repeat of the past
election?  Are you satisfied, so far, with the way things are and the
approach taken before and after the election?  How much longer must
brothers and sisters who have every commonality create such an artificial
rift which has resulted in slurs and insults being directed at each other?
What would it take before we come to our senses and and stop this childish
game?

Yes, individually we must all heal our wounds, but collectively must we
solve our problems - through dialogue.

Cheers
Mariatou