GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2006 05:47:46 -0500
Hello, Pa Nderry,

  MORE REVELATIONS ON YANKBUBA'S CORRUPTION SCAM!!!?

     What I wrote regarding people coming to the US to have children / how
the Medicaid health-care system works in dealing with non-US citizens, was
not meant to be a "revelation" on Yankuba Touray.  And I just want to make
that clear.

     What I stated was that it's possible that someone who is not a US
citizen, could potentially get "emergency Medicaid" services to cover
something such as the birth of a child, or other such deemed "emergency
treatment".  I do not know if this is going on in the case of Yankuba
Touray's wife.  It is possible that she is, or Yankuba Touray, is, indeed
paying his wife's medical bills, especially since neither prenatal, nor
post-partum medical care would be provided to a pregnant woman, only
covering of the actual birth and immediate aftermath itself.  And whether or
not Yankuba Touray's wife is receiving any kind of "emergency Medicaid"
would fall under the HIPAA laws, which deal with confidentiality and privacy
anyway, so the only people who would know this for sure would be her and
anyone intimately involved with her case, which, of course, I would not fall
into that category.

     Thus, I want to be very clear, in that I'm only giving *general
information* regarding what I know of the Medicaid program in the US.

     What I said should not be construed as "revelations" against Yankuba
Touray, as your title in the response to your original article seems to
imply.  I just wanted to make this clear and get that out there.