GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M.B.Krubally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 18:19:46 -0800
The results are in, but first things first. Apart from congratulating the individual winners, it is only right that all Gambians applaud the NRP, PDOIS and the Independent candidates for their relentless fight they gave for the few seats they were able to contest for. To these parties, thanks you for honoring, respecting and trusting the Gambian people. It is honorable of you to continue the democratic process that our country is trying to build on. As an opposition, you have held your word to represent the people, and as most persistent politicians found out, your efforts have already started to pay off, and there are better things and days to come. Like most on this list, I do not have any doubt that those elected will represent the interest of the people/our country to the fullest. To the APRC ruling government, the Gambians have spoken and it only right that we all work together for a better and more peaceful country. Like most countries, we have issues to deal with, but with the help and involvement of productive citizens, we will overcome.

It is now time to act on that Olive branch extended to all, turn the corner and develop our small nation. Let’s do it for the Gambia our homeland. If we love our country like most write about, we should rally behind our leaders, thus show respect to our fellow citizens that voted them into office. Sitting in the west questioning the voter’s decisions and criticizing our government will only continue damaging our country. Let us cut down on the name-callings and fighting’s. Let's work together to better our people, and help put our country on track. Let us for the first time compliment and challenge the government in a positive manner. There is nothing wrong to be an opposition, but it is wrong to be negative and anti government just because one is an opposition. We can work and get along if we try. Give The Gambia a chance.

Momodou Billo Krubally