GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:51:15 -0500
Karamba, thanks again for articulating the situation lucidly.  That Gambia
was snubbed is only foreign to mental midgets and incorrigible sycophants of
this illegal regime.  The fact that the British High Commissioner found it
necessary to ‘explain’ Blair’s blatant snobbery towards Gambia, says a lot
about the situation.  As usual, instead of the government and its supporters
facing responsibility and changing their illegal ways, they want to blame
people like you and me that expose their illegal behavior.  It is just
pathetic dealing with these people.  They steal from Gambians, abuse
Gambians and then get upset if we point out their abuses.  Well, they will
continue to be upset because we will NEVER sweep their abuses under the rug.

The British High Commissioner tried as much as he could to be ‘diplomatic’.
But the bottom-line is (as you explained) Blair CANNOT be seen cuddling
child murderers.  If Blair did that, rest assured that we will ensure that
the whole world know about it.  Everyone knew Blair was going to skip
Gambia; no matter how many ‘visits’ the High Commissioner makes to the zoo.
Can you imagine Claire Short endorsing a trip to present-day-Gambia?  You
read between the lines, you know what I am talking about, with all due
respect to the High Commissioner.

The NEPAD initiative is arguably the most important initiative to the future
of Africans.  It is blatantly clear that Gambia has absolutely no part to
play in that.  Like you aptly pointed out, these criminals have relegated us
to the leper colony.  But to the hypocrites on this List and elsewhere, it
is NOT Yaya’s fault.  To them, it is the fault of those of us that ‘dare’ to
say that it is wrong for the government to sanction the massacre of our
children.  This is simply nauseating.

I saw Gassama jubilating because President Wade is visiting Gambia.  Again,
these are the jubilations of clueless mental midgets.  I wonder whether
Gassama had the time to weigh how Yaya’s rebel friends in Casamance are
going to receive this ‘news’.  See, we have the inmates running the asylum.
These people CANNOT live decent lives and run comprehensive foreign policies
if you forced them to.  The wherewithal is simply not there.  Did Yaya’s
handlers like Blaise (eager to be ‘seen’ with Senegalese dignitaries) factor
in Yaya’s voters in Casamance?  What does The Gambia stand to gain after the
boat (NEPAD/Blair) already left town?  I hope from this ‘visit’ Wade will be
able to ‘convince’ Yaya to stop supporting the Casamance rebels.  I wish
Wade Luck.
KB