GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:29:25 -0500
Guys, I must thank you for taking Gassama back to school. See why the man
has to be a sycophant? He is an empty barrel. A moron. But what is sadder is
the fact that the ineptitude exhibited here by Gassama is prevalent among
the overwhelming majority of the Gambian civil service. Over 90% of the
civil service do NOT know what they are doing. It is mediocre talent that is
ruling a poor country that needs the brightest people on earth to solve its
problem. See why we are in a quagmire? Morons used brute force to impose
themselves on people and hold the whole country hostage. Then they get
mediocre talent to man key positions in the country and try to say and do
anything (in the name of sycophancy) to ‘rationalize’ the vices of the
illegal regime. Gassama knows that he CANNOT compete with MIT engineers.

Would Famara Jatta be Finance Minister in a serious government? Essa (snob)
Sey, an ambassador? Baboucarr Jagne, a Foreign Minister? Joseph Joof (who
does NOT even have a clear-cut law degree), a Justice Minister? Baabaa
(Blood Diamond Dealer) Jobe, Majority Leader in Parliament? See why I keep
saying that we have the inmates running the asylum? We have a bunch of
nonentities lording over us.

I just learnt this morning that the whole government is at a virtual
standstill. Some government Boards have been instructed NOT to conduct
normal business until further notice. This latest ridiculous ‘instruction’
affects important institutions such as the Central Bank, Major Tender Board,
Ports, Gamtel etc. In other words, Management for these bodies are operating
without oversight. This is just pathetic. Even the Mauritanians in the
country run their shops (‘boutigui narr’) better than the morons are running
our country. At least these businessmen are NOT overseeing some bankrupt
business entity. Back home, the government is overseeing a bankrupt country;
country run on a chronic budget deficit that the government has NO clue as
to how to eradicate it.

And Gassama has the audacity to preach to us in the Diaspora about ‘owning’
compounds in Gambia. I do NOT know what ‘Diasporans’ Gassama talk to. The
‘Diasporans’ I know do not just ‘own’ compounds in Gambia, they own houses
in lot more competitive markets in the Diaspora. If and when those people
want to return home, they would NOT be shocked by property prices in Gambia.
They will just liquidate their more expensive assets in the Diaspora. Common
sense. There are Gambians in London that own two houses there and renting
them out. You come to the US, Gambian kids (less than 30 years old) are
owning homes in Atlanta. Every month those kids send money to their families
to prevent them from being starved by the illegal APRC government. Every
year those kids send thousands of dollars to their folks to go to Mecca.
Mind you, this is NOT money stolen from taxpayers or the proceeds of
drug-dealing. I am talking about kids that spent the better parts of their
lives studying in premier institutions in the US and Britain and landing
tremendous jobs with top companies in the US. In other words, I am talking
about people that played by the rules and are competitive in the toughest
markets in the whole wide world. These are NOT bunch of losers like
engineers that do NOT know the difference between analog and digital.

I want Gassama to give us a break about ‘national interest’ and ‘developing’
Gambia. We out here contribute more to the national interest and the
development of the country than the murderers and the thieves that steal
money from poor people and kill their children.

I encourage the kids in the Diaspora to continue to play by the rules and do
well for their families out here and in Gambia. The cheating the morons back
home are engaged in, does NOT pay. No one has to be a slave to murderers to
make ends meet. If we work hard, good will eventually come out of the toil.
There will certainly be bumps on the road (just like we are currently
experiencing in Atlanta), but eventually GOOD will come out of it.
KB