GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:17:53 PST
Baboucarr Sillah,

Let me give you a tentative Gambia 11 line now, and do something thinking
tonight and then come up with a better one tomorrow.

This is my tentative line up:
Goalkeeper: Baboucarr Saho
Defenders: Bill Badjie, Lamin Owens, Dodou Saine, Commie Owens
Midfield: Saihou Sarr, Star Jallow, Baboucarr Sowe (louse)
Attackers: Essa Faye, Biri (player of the Century), Bai Malleh Wadda

Reserves:
Goalkeepers: Kebba Ceesa, Lie Ndure, Burama
Defenders: Edar Kah, Alagie Sarr, MI Kaba Jallow, Garba Touray
Midfield: Chox Faal, Star Janneh, Amadou Adams, Joe Tennis,
Attackers: Aziz corr, Alagie Nyan, Saul Samba, Joe Sambou

Sillah, this is a difficult task. I am sure I have left out some good ones.
Adama Sey, this is coach here. I want to see your Gambian team of the
century. Omar Drammeh, do send us yours.

Sillah, I remember Jim Bittaye, Jumai Saidy, Yankuba Jammeh, King Koro
Kurumah all playing together for KWAME of Serekunda in the then First
Division at Box Bar Stadium. Do you remember that "nawettan" team called
Casori F.C? Well, Jim Bittaye had played for them.

Ebrima Ceesay
Birmingham, UK.

PS: Sillah, could please give me Bla Taal's e-mail address if you have it.
Pa Taal gave me an e-mail address for Bla, but that address must have
changed, because my mail was rejected when I sent it to the address Pa Taal
gave me.

Sillah, like Adama Sey, I think you were a very skilful player, who was very
comfortable with the ball. I still remember the goal you scored against
Wallidan (if my memory serves me well) when you were playing for Ndanaan
under Coach Alagie Faal (Chox).