GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 17:52:37 +0100
Mboge

I am glad you and many others are able to sense out
Jobe's inconsistencies.

If Jobe could "analyse the APRC's economic record and
compare it with the PPP regime, then surely the 1997
Constitution should be examined as well.

For Mr Jobe to just say yes and then add a caveat that
there are certain sections which he disapproves, goes
to show the level of double standards he is playing.

In fact Mr Jobe is refering to Decree 45! I never knew
that Decrees were part of the 1997 Constitution.

As said earlier, Mr Jobe should come explain in detail
why he regards the 1997 as the best for the Gambia.

Have a nice day

Sanusi

--- momodou olly-mboge <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
<HR>
<DIV>
<P>Jobe wrote:</P>
<P>"Sanusi, rest assured that i will neither try to
cover up any wrong doings by this regime or try to
deny or justify them."</P>
<P>I have no doubt that Sanusi will see through the
hypocrisy  loaded in this statement by our
'intellectual prostitute'.   Since he appeared on this
forum with a fake identity, all 'Jobe' has done is
to  justify, excuse,deny and defend the despicable
record of the Jammeh regime.</P>
<P>No one can fool us.  Stop the spin.</P>
<P>Regards </P>
<P>Mboge</P>
<P>>Reply-To: The Gambia and related-issues mailing
list<[log in to unmask]> </P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>To: [log in to unmask]
<DIV></DIV>>Subject: Re: Why I can still support the
APRC Government despite...Pt4
<DIV></DIV>>Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 12:53:59 -0000
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>Sanusi, rest assured that I will neither
try to cover up any wrong
<DIV></DIV>>doings by
<DIV></DIV>>this regime or try to deny or justify
them. On the contrary, I will
<DIV></DIV>>even
<DIV></DIV>>borrow from Ebrima Ceesay's postings on
that to buttress the fact
<DIV></DIV>>that the
<DIV></DIV>>governance and human rights record of this
regime leaves a lot to be
<DIV></DIV>>desired.
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>The objective of showing the good and the
bad nature of this
<DIV></DIV>>government is
<DIV></DIV>>to, at the end of the day, show that my
choice of supportung the
<DIV></DIV>>APRC
<DIV></DIV>>Government is neither due to ignorance nor
intimidation. After that
<DIV></DIV>>who
<DIV></DIV>>knows. May be those of you who are
determined to get rid of Jammeh
<DIV></DIV>>and his
<DIV></DIV>>government can convince the likes of me or
those who are less
<DIV></DIV>>determined
<DIV></DIV>>than me in the support of the regime to
change allegiance. I might
<DIV></DIV>>convince
<DIV></DIV>>some of you also. The debate is about our
country and we must listen
<DIV></DIV>>to each
<DIV></DIV>>other's opinions. After all is said and
one each will be guided by
<DIV></DIV>>his/her
<DIV></DIV>>conscience.
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>As to whether the 1997 constitution is the
best for the country, I
<DIV></DIV>>would
<DIV></DIV>>say, over all, yes. However there are
several sections of it that
<DIV></DIV>>are
<DIV></DIV>>outright dangerous and not to best
interest of our people. Amongst
<DIV></DIV>>those are
<DIV></DIV>>decree 45, the indemnity clause and the
absence of any term
<DIV></DIV>>limitation for
<DIV></DIV>>the presidency. I hope to dwell on this
more as I continue justify
<DIV></DIV>>why I can
<DIV></DIV>>still support the APRC Government
despite...
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>Have a good day and bye 4Now, KB Jobe.
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>>----Original Message Follows----
<DIV></DIV>>>From: Sanusi Owens<[log in to unmask]>
<DIV></DIV>>>Reply-To: The Gambia and related-issues
mailing list
<DIV></DIV>>> ><[log in to unmask]>
<DIV></DIV>>>To: [log in to unmask]
<DIV></DIV>>>Subject: Re: Why I can still support the
APRC Government
<DIV></DIV>>>despite...Pt4
<DIV></DIV>>>Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:55:52 +0100
<DIV></DIV>>>
<DIV></DIV>>>Mr Jobe
<DIV></DIV>>> Your contribution on GOVERNANCE seem to
be narrative.
<DIV></DIV>>>Having read your previous emails, one
would have
<DIV></DIV>>>expected you to give an honest analysis
on APRC's
<DIV></DIV>>>doctrine on GOVERNANCE,compare it with
the PPP regime
<DIV></DIV>>>and then tell us why we should support
APRC.
<DIV></DIV>>>
<DIV></DIV>>>Am I therefore right to suggest that you
are stocked
<DIV></DIV>>>with defending the APRC and fear for the
worst if you
<DIV></DIV>>>join us in the opposition?
<DIV></DIV>>>
<DIV></DIV>>>A major point you have omitted is whether
the 1997
<DIV></DIV>>>Constitution was the right option for The
Gambia after
<DIV></DIV>>>30 years of self perpetuated rule.
<DIV></DIV>>>I await your response,as I am prepared to
challenge
<DIV></DIV>>>you on this issue.
<DIV></DIV>>>
<DIV></DIV>>>On that note we look forward to your
honest response.
<DIV></DIV>>>
<DIV></DIV>>>Have a wonderful day
<DIV></DIV>>>
<DIV></DIV>>>Sansusi
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>_________________________________________________________________________
<DIV></DIV>>Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN
Hotmail at
<DIV></DIV>>http://www.hotmail.com.
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>----------------------------------------------------------------------------
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives
of postings, go to the
<DIV></DIV>>Gambia-L
<DIV></DIV>>Web interface at:
<DIV></DIV>>http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html
<DIV></DIV>>You may also send subscription requests to
<DIV></DIV>>[log in to unmask]
<DIV></DIV>>if you have problems accessing the web
interface and remember to
<DIV></DIV>>write your full name and e-mail address.
<DIV></DIV><br clear=all><hr>Get your FREE download of
MSN Explorer at <a

if you have problems accessing the web interface and
remember to write your full name and e-mail address.