GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 16:35:14 +0200
Mr. E.L George,

I truly sympathise with your predicament and I hope you will find a way
to solve your load of problems. Nevertheless, I must say that you seem to
raise a lot of questions unanswered in your mail:

You say that your photo was published in New African magazine (March
2003) in such a way that it deforms your character. But why is your life
threatened by bumpsters?

You feel cheated by publishers of the Gambia experience in which magazine
you say your photo is used. If you feel the magazine is in breach of a
contract with you, could you not pursue the matter in court?

You wrote that your cousin Lai Mboge does not pay his staff correctly.
Did you raise this matter with him, or those who work for him?

You say your image has been used to promote Badala Park illegally yet you
suffer from humiliation and harassment, and that your life is threatened.
If Badala Park is making millions by using your image why should anyone
threaten your life?

I am very sorry for the suffering you and your wife endured on account of
her accident. But I hope she was insured (travel insurance, social
security insurance (försäkringskassan))if indeed you both were then on
holiday?

Finally, I hope you would refrain from using your "bullets" so as not to
cause the bankruptcy of Badala Park. If for nothing, but for the sake of
those Gambians who inspite of poor wages, as per your claim, are able to
find work there to help maintain there families in these very trying
times in Gambia. I also hope that your participation in Vision 2020 would
be of benefit to the Gambia even before that magic date arrives.

My impression is that you are in need of a journalist and a solicitor or
both. Good luck.

Momodou Sidibeh,
Stockholm.