GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 02:41:30 +0300
Mr. Ceesay,

I quite understand your reasons for giving us personal information about
Matarr Njie. Not only is Katim's request for such information about Matarr
absolutely justified, many of us, perhaps, have indeed wondered about the
psychological profile of a man who has proved capable of exhibiting so gross
a contradictory pattern of behaviour on Gambia-L.  Now, he would be a
staunch advocate of a marauding neo-liberalism, yet elsewhere, he would cap
his incisive arguments  with an incredibly  senseless reduction of the whole
spectrum of the possibilities of Gambian political economy, into an either
anti- or pro Yahya Jammeh field. Worse still, Mr. Njie found it quite normal
to spew insults and personal attacks on the internet, even in retaliation,
as he often claimed. (Infact these contradictions make perfect sense).

Yet, IMHO, I would like to maintain that personal information about Matarr
Njie need not be publicised on the L. It should be simply mailed to brother
Katim, and perhaps, to those people (some of whom I care very much about)
whose integrity Matarr continues to violate. We all seem to be in a dilemma:
we must do what we can to stop Matarr from continually insulting members of
the list privately, while avoiding the spectre of publicly cannibalising on
the privacy of an apparently disturbed man. So perhaps it is best if you
send information on Matarr privately to Katim, while the rest of us openly
express our moral solidarity with everyone Matarr has made a target of his
frustration.

Perhaps his lashing out with insults is a desperate cry for help?

Cheers,
Momodou S. Sidibeh

>this is what he had to say:"Well, Mr Ceesay, according to our records,
>Matarr is currently doing further studies at the Faculty of Economics and
>Administration, University of Malaya, Malaysia."
>
>My source added:"I, personally, don't know whether or not, he still an
>employee of the Gambia Government. Anyway, if you want any information
about
>his programme in Malaysia, you can contact Professor Zahara Yahaya, the
Dean