GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 09:07:41 +0100
Comrade Conteh

Thanks for the clarification.

Lets move on now on a fresh debate as time is of the
essence. If there was a United Opposition for the
October elections what policies should be included in
their manifesto?

(1) Suppose the United Opposition were to unseat
Jammeh, Should they set up a transitional government
for 18 month and call fresh elections?

(2) Set up a Truth and Reconciliation Commission to
investigate into the human rights abuses committed
during the defunt AFPRC/APRC regime.

(3) Nullify the decisions of the Commissions of
Inquiry set up during the Jammeh era.

Happy to hear your views and that of others on this
issue.

Have a wonderful day.

Sanusi

Mr. Owens: