GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:39:24 EDT
1. What village in Guinea is the source of River Gambia? $10
no 1. i  know it starts from futa jalon highlands in Guinea - no village name
sorry2.  Name the tributaries of the
Yes, The Gambia River does start at the Fouta Djallon Highlands. The
Highlands are a series of granite and gneiss massifs that spread over several (2  or
3) countries.
Your winnings here is $0.00; This question therefore is still open for
answer.

2. Name  the tributaries of Gambia River from its source to the   Atlantic.
$20.00.
no 2. Tributaries - main ones are Sandougou and Sofianama ,  minor ones are
Nieriko from north and kuluntu(gray river ) from  south
also Bintang bolong at Brumen bridge south bank  and  mini minyang (spelling
??) at Kerewan north bank
Bintang is a main tributary. It even extends into Senegal. Sandougou and  the
one at Kerewan are also tributaries that extend into Senegal. In Gambia
alone, there are over 20 tributaries to the Gambia River and most extend into
Senegal. Some form islands such as McCarthy Island, Elephant Island, and at
Bambali. There are two others that form Islands. Each tributary correctly given
earns $1.00 until the $20.00 is exhausted. I cannot qualify a tributary at
Nieriko or Sofianama. Until further qualification by myself or another
colleague, Your winnings here is $4.00 There are still $16.00 available for  this
question.

3. What villages and towns of Senegal does the river Gambia traverse  before
it enters Gambia? $30.00
no 3 not sure about which one but  100 % sure it passes through the
yokolokoba forest in senecasa  region
Niokolokoba National Park is a forest Reserve in Senegal. The River  does
traverse it. It is not a town or village in Senegal however. Your winnings  here
is $0.00. This question is still available for answer.

4. How many docks and or berths exist at the Gambia Port in Banjul?   $10.00
no 4 - number of wharfs in my days of high school in the sixties   pre
independence from wharfy njaggo to govt wharf i think nine but only seven  were ok
The question asks for existing wharves/docks presumably in good working
order. Your winnings here is $0.00. This question is available for answer.

5. What is the name of the road construction firms in Gambia and  which
roads have they built? $20.00
no 5 i remember only wimpey when  brikama  to mansa konko was built after the
old yundum airport was  constructed, the other one was louis diaz ??? later
Road-Construction firms  and which roads have they built. I'll give you
Wimpey (We Intend Making Profit  every Year). Your winnings here is $5.00. $15.00
is still available for the  taking.

6. From 1994 to now, list the SOSs of all departments, why they  were
removed, and whether they were  prosecuted for wrongdoing or  not.  $50.00
No answer. Winnings $0.00. Question still available for answer.

7. What discipline did Dr. Isatou Njie Saidy receive a doctorate in?   $5.00
no 7  Aja Isatou Njie saidy Vice president got her PHD in Human  development
from st Mary's college
I haven't had time to verify this but it sounds good. I intend to place a
call to St. Mary's College soon. Meanwhile therefore, your winnings here is
$5.00 pending verification.

8. How long was Hon. Duta Kamaso imprisoned for? $20.00
No answer.  Winnings $0.00. This Question is still available for answer.

9. How long was Mariam Denton imprisoned for? and on what charges?   $30.00
No answer. Winnings $0.00. Question still available for answer.

10. Does Gambia have any water treatment plant, where are they   located, and
what is their capacity in Million Gallons per Day?
no 10 water treatment plants or sub stations are in Fajara and Abuko not
sure about georgetown MID
another interesting fact is that Yarbatenda just  below the Bara kunda rapids
one can walk across the river in the DRY season  onlyit has only rocks below
Water Treatment Plants. Not substations or  booster pumping stations. I will
give you $5.00 for effort here until I qualify  what operations are on-going
at Fajara. I am not aware of a water treatment  plant at the nature reserve. It
could be water storage tanks for onward  distribution. Bear with me as I
check or another colleague can assist. Thank you  for the additional tidbits of
info. For the zeal, you get another $5.00. This  question is closed for verifica
tion and potential re-opening.

Thank you Bourghibe. Remember you and colleagues have some more time before
the Quiz Roll-up date. Your Total winnings are $24.00 so far. Please keep
note of that.

Merci Mon vieux. Haroun Al Khairawan. MQDT.  Darbo.

skip 6

spik 8
skip  9