GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 12:57:34 EDT
This Samba kid seems to be a prodigy.  I wish him all the best and hope that
his future success will open the way for many other young aspiring
"footballers" in The Gambia.  Things look really promising for this kid.  He
has been featured on a few websites and scouts already have given rave
reviews about his play, while the big guns such as Man U and Liverpool are
already hot on his trail.

However, we should not expect him to play for dear motherland.  He has been
quoted as saying that his dream is to represent England in the World Cup.  It
might be a bit premature to forecast his future at such a tender age.  But
assuming that success is imminent, I wonder if he can use his position on the
world soccer stage to be an ambassador for Gambian football?