GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
tester testers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 13:53:19 -0800
TO ADD TO YOUR LIST.

Submitted by Mark Rudolph - Copyright 1994 - 1998.

Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?

Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?

Why are there flotation devices under plane seats
instead of parachutes?

Why are cigarettes sold in gas stations when smoking
is prohibited there?

Why do fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?

If you can't drink and drive, why do you need a
driver's license to buy liquor, and why do bars have
parking lots?

Do you need a silencer if you are going to shoot a
mime?

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical
situations?

How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work
in the mornings?

If 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why
are there locks on the doors?

If a cow laughed real hard, would milk come out her
nose?

If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make
TEFLON stick to the pan?

If you tied buttered toast to the back of a cat and
dropped it from a height, what would happen?

If you're in a vehicle going the speed of light, what
happens when you turn on the headlights?

You know how most packages say "Open here". What is
the protocol if the package says, "Open somewhere
else"?

Why do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the
drive-up ATM?

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Why isn't "palindrome" spelled the same way backwards?

Why is it that when you transport something by car,
it's called a shipment, but when you transport
something by ship, it's called cargo?

You know that little indestructible black box that is
used on planes, why can't they make the whole plane
out of the same substance?

Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an
address, you turn down the volume on the radio?

If you have your finger touching the rearview mirror
that says -- "objects in mirror are closer than they
appear", how can that be possible?

Why is it so hard to remember how to spell MNEMONIC?

If someone invented instant water, what would they mix
it with?

Why is it called a TV "set" when you only get one?

Why does your nose run and your feet smell?

Why does an alarm clock "go off" when it begins
ringing?

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the
opposite of congress?

Why does "cleave" mean both split apart and stick
together?

Why is it, whether you sit up or sit down, the result
is the same?

Why is it called a "building" when it is already
built?

Why do they call them "apartments" when they are all
stuck together?

Why is there an expiration date on SOUR cream?

If you keep trying to prove Murphy's Law, will
something keep going wrong?

Why does flammable and inflammable mean the same
thing?

How can someone "draw a blank"?

Shouldn't there be a shorter word for "monosyllabic"?

Why is the word "abbreviate" so long?

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

What is another word for "thesaurus"?

When they ship styrofoam, what do they pack it in?

If 75% of all accidents happen within 5 miles of home,
why not move 10 miles away?

Why doesn't "onomatopoeia" sound like what it is?

Why do 'tug'boats push their barges?

Why do we sing 'Take me out to the ball game', when we
are already there?

Why are they called 'stands' when they're made for
sitting?

Why is there only ONE Monopolies Commission?

Does a fish get cramps after eating?

Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same
thing?

Why is it when two planes almost hit each other it is
called a "near miss"?
Shouldn't it be called a "near hit"?

What does Geronimo say when he jumps out of a plane?

How can there be "self help GROUPS"?

Why are we afraid of falling? Shouldn't we be afraid
of the sudden stop?

Why is it called a bust, when it stops right before
the part it is named after?

Why is it called 'after dark', when it is really after
light?

=== message truncated ===