GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 08:26:14 EST
Buharry Gassama,

It is good to hear from you on the L again, and hope all is well with you and
your family.

Thank you for forwarding this very important information.
Speaking without knowledge is a very serious thing in Islam as it leads to
ascribing things to Allah (SWT) and his Prophets that they did not say. This
in turn leads to what the Prophet (SAS) called Bolala, innovation, and he
said "bolalatil fin naar" meaning that "innovation leads to the hell fire"

It is one of the sins that is unforgivable because it undermines the basic
principle of Islam, Monotheism, Allah being the only one worthy of worship
and the only one we should depend on for everything. The Prophet (SAS) told
us that when one goes to a diviner or wears a talisman for protection, they
are taking that to be protection that is superior to what Allah (SWT) can do
for them, and He will never forgive that.

There are a lot of things that some of us muslims do that are very contrary
to the deen, and most of it is out of ignorance and lack of access to the
hadith either  because they cannot read or  read it in a language they
uderstand themselves and have to depend on the interpretation of others, or
they just do not have access to the information.
I personally have learned so much by having access to the hadith of Buhari
and Muslim, and have learned that a lot of the things we do are haram. For
example, using false hair, divining or going to people who predict the
future, cast spells on others etc.

The prohibited things that we as muslims engage in, many times due to
ignorance that they are prohibited is a topic that I have wanted to write a
series on here on the L, and inshallah, time permitting, I shall do that one
day.
Again, thank you and I look forward to the rest of your presentation.

Jabou Joh