GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Omar sallah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 17:16:35 GMT
Hi Guys,
Have you heard that Jaliba Kuyateh has recorded his first ever Kora CD
Yes he did, with the help of The Gambia's leading music promoter Okou
Drammeh, Based in Delft city,The Netherlands.
Jaliba has recorded the CD together with an audio tape ready for the new
millennium, a drive towards promoting Gambian music.In Netherlands he worked
on twenty songs produced by Okou Drammeh and it's expected out by march
2000.
Salifu K. Jaiteh the band promoter told me that Gambian music needs to be on
the international market and Okou, he said has taken first step.
He said "with good and willing promoters like Okou,we will surely make
it".Okou's Job is indeed commendable.Jali's trip and recordings are totally
manned and sponsored by Okou.
His latest clip on Tv shows that Jali is the type we want in our music
industry.Let's give them a hand.
Guys thanks for taking the trouble to read the mail.
Oms.