GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 12:46:49 EDT
In a message dated 9/15/2002 3:28:48 PM , [log in to unmask] writes:

> Momodou
>
> We have seen greater Empire fall - Roman , Ottoman, Shanghai dynasty not to
> talk of of our very own Mali/Ghana empire
> -------------------------

Indeed Habib. George Bush went to the U.N just so he can say he did that,
and at teh insistance of some of the voices in both his administration and
around the country, but his every intention is to attack Iraq no matter what,
and that is very obvious.
He addressed the body like a king talking to his subjects, and I am sure this
administration will continue to work to pave the way to war because they have
already made that decison. It was interesting to see Bush point out
violations of U.N resolutions as reasons to attack Iraq when the U.S is
paving their own way to a violation, namely attacking Iraq without the
blessings of the Security Council, but not to worry, there will be "good
reasons"  when they do, and those who seem to need no convincing will say it
is a legitimate one.
Bush says the U.N will risk being irrelevant if they do not force Iraq to
abide by all the U.N resolutions but the U.S has already rendered the U.N
irrelevant because it is  clear to see that they find ways to do whateve they
want to do the U.N be damned.

It was also interesting to hear him point out a list of things Iraq had done
to Iran, one of the countries he labeled among the "axis if evil" as some of
the marks against Iraq. I am sure the Persians were amused listening to that
one. I guess when one wants to make a case no matter what, anything will do.

It is a mere exercise these gestures because it is obvious the die is cast
and actually all the attempts to justify the act is so unconvincing that it
takes away from rather than supporting a case for the action. You cannot
squeeze water out of a rock, but some people insist on engaging in the futile
exercise.

Jabou Joh