GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
samateh saikou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 12:03:35 +0100
"One Yaye Rose Camara of London Corner was brought before Principal
Magistrate Moses Richards of Kanifing Magistrates Court on Friday 25 May.
She
was
charged with unlawful assembly in a manner that can cause civil unrest. She
was
not represented by a lawyer. When the charge was read she pleaded guilty. At
the same time she denied that she and others assembled to march towards the
Police Station to burn it. She told the court that they were only showing
their
anger and emotions in the way Sheriff Minteh lost his life. She was
convicted
on  her plea of guilty and sentenced to a fine of D2, 500 (two thousand five
hundred  dalasis) or in default to imprisonment for a term of six  months."

Foroyaa Newspaper

I am definately sure that if we do our best and find out how to contact this
Sister and  assist an assist with the payment of the fine,She will very much
appreciate it and knowing that She is not alone in this struggle will no
doubt be a wonderfull feeling.

For Freedom
Saiks