GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ceesay, Soffie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:51:36 -0800
These could very well have been written by sixth graders, I'm not sure.
But, I had a great laugh and I hope you do too.  Have a nice weekend
everyone.

Soffie

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

More examples of creativity provided by a 6th grade class
during history tests [these absolutely slay me]:

1. The greatest writer of the Renaissance was William Shake-
speare. He was born in the 1564, supposedly on his birthday.
He never made much money and is famous only because of his
plays. He wrote tragedies, comedies, and hysterectomies, all
in Islamic pentameter. Romeo and Juliet are an example of a
heroic couple.

2. Writing at the same time as Shakespeare was Miguel
Cervantes. He wrote Donkey Hote. The next great author was
John Milton. Milton wrote Paradise Lost. Then his wife died
and he wrote Paradise Regained.

3. Delegates from the original 13 states formed the Contented
Congress. Thomas Jefferson, a virgin, and Benjamin Franklin
were to 2 singers of the Declaration of Independence. Franklin
discovered electricity by rubbing two cats backward and
declared, "a horse divided against itself can not stand."
Franklin died in 1790 and is still dead.

4. Abraham Lincoln was America's greatest precedent. Lincoln's
mother died in infancy, and he was born in a log cabin which
he built with his own hands. Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves
by signing the Emasculation Proclamation . On the night of
April 14, 1865, Lincoln went to the theater and got shot in
his seat by one of the actors in the moving picture show.
They believe the assinator was John Wilkes Booth, a suposingly
insane actor. This ruined Booth's career.

5. Johann Bach wrote a great many musical compositions and
had a large number of children. In between he practiced on
an old spinster which he kept up in his attic. Bach died
from 1750 to the present. Bach was the most famous composer
in the world and so was Handel. Handel was half German, half
Italian, and half English. He was very large.

6. Beethoven wrote music even though he was deaf. He was so
deaf he wrote loud music. He took long walks in the forest
even when everyone was calling for him. Beethoven expired in
1827 and later died from this.

Because of a minor infraction, a shipmate of mine aboard the
USS Reeves, bound for Japan, was busted one rank, fined and
given extra duty for three weeks. Looking forward to cele-
brating his 21st birthday on July 22, he consoled himself
every night during his extra duty by reciting, "They can
bust me, they can fine me -- but they can't take away my
birthday." As July 22 approached, his excitement increased.
When he went to bed on July 21, he happily repeated, "They
can bust me, they can fine me -- but they can't take away
my birthday."

The next morning, he found out that the ship had crossed the
international date line -- it was July 23.