GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kanja Darboe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 16:06:43 -0000
Hi all,
I would like to thank those of you who reponded so quickly to my e-mail in
helping with HIV prevention efforts in the Gambia.  I have responded
privately to all those who wrote back with an interest in working in the
committee.  I am forwarding a donation letter that a friend of mine who is
Gambian asked me to send to the list regarding raising funds for the orphans
in Africa as a consequence of HIV/AIDS.  The proceeds will benefit orphans
throughout Africa and not Gambia specifically.  I urge all those you can to
please contribute to this because as we all know this disease does not need
a visa or passport to travel and will benefit all Africans if we contribute
to this cause.  Once again, I will like to thank all members that have
reponded and I will be keeping in touch.  My friend's name is Ndella Njie
and is a student at Tulane University School of Public Health.  Her e-mail
address is [log in to unmask]  Please feel free to make copies or forward
letter to co-workers and friends.

Regards,
Yama