GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ESSA BOKARR SEY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:50:33 -0800
Laye,
       I can understand what you are feeling and I do not intend defending myself as a past representative of the Jammeh gvt.However Laye I think you of all people should know that Essa is not a KAKATAR but if you have chosen to stand up and be counted or challenge me in the open(which I have noticed you have been trying to do for some time now).You can go ahead be rest assured that Njie,you got it all wrong as far saying that my departure from the gvt was not voluntary(where did you get that from Lekbi?).Actually NJie standing by one's beleives in politics means being someone who follows your inerest at all cost.Njie my current stand is what I call a decision,however you can interprete it the way you feel and I do not intend pouncing back with whatever reasoning because your piece appears like a very deep rooted and well calculated personal attack.Laye subtle styles and hidden ploys can be easily detected.You have been one of those that I used to be talking to on the phone when I
 was in DC.Yes you know what we talked about and what my perception is.You called me and complained and siad that you felt I was asked to leave my position because of the AGERA jnvitation and i fully remember that you were bitter with Musa Jeng on that.I was on my bed Laye listening to you talk.Laye do you remember my reply? It was as follows:"That Musa did nothing wrong in inviting me and i was NOT! recalled because of that!" I do not know what your internal clivages at Atlanta are and i am not interested to know anyway.However, Laye your latest an open attcak is very sad and it can open a lot of issues that may not be to your own advantage brother.Laye I CAN SIMPLY GIVE UP ALL DISCUSSIONS ON LINE AND THEN WILL SUCCEED IN EVERYTHING THAT I AM DOING.Laye remember religions are far more important than political parties when it comes to beleiving in a cause BUT DON'T YOU SEE PEOPLE BEING BAPTISED OR CHANGING RELIGIONS EVERY DAY?!!! Njie I cannot wait to hear ffrom you when you have
 time as you are claiming that you are a busy guy and you will come back to me on this issue.Laye my position is not a 360 one I do not care about such judgements from people who have close friends within the aprc itself.Laye do you want to tell me that as far as one has been in that statusquo you ahev forfeitted your right for eve?Therefore you cannot go with others on different believes anymore?
Laye your own connections within that circle are in the open you know so please if you wnat to satisfy your old friends try another prey but not me.
Being KAKATAR means someone who is interested in power.Laye believe me I am ready to stay away from the political circle where positions are bieng shared for a long time from now.MY INTENSION MR NJIE IS NOT TO BE ANGRY BECAUSE I LEFT NOPE! NJIE IF I WERE TO BE A REAL KAKATAR I WOULD  HAVE SENT IN SOME STUFF THAT WOULD HAVE CAUSED A SERIOUS UPRISING RIGHT NOW AND BELIEVE ME LAYE I HAVE THAT KIND OF INFORMATION WITH ME .Njie i am the only one so far who has not been urged to send in sensitive info on line after leaving my position.Look at my emails and see therein,you will really know what I am up to.So Laye Djobo Kah was a KAKATAR? How about Jammeh himself with his position towards Libya etc etc? Laye you see you have another motive behind this but be ready for a tough ride with me Mr Njie.
LAYE MY QUESTION FOR YOU IS WHETHER I SHOULD STAY MUTE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE AS FAR AS GAMBIAN POLITICS IS CONCERNED JUST BECAUSE I WAS SERVING UNDER JAMMEH AND I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO BE PART OF THAT CAMP ANYMORE?
LAYE you will be surprised if you attempt fighting me on line on behalf of any old friend that you have within the statusquo.Abdoulie Njie please! see me as a KAKATAR and do not trust me until when God decides the best for both of.us.
Be my guest Laye Bamba and thank you for siding with those that you mentioned in your mail and keep on attacking me.At least I tried being helpful i what ever humble way I could when we were communicating.Life is like that,i could have been spared by your latest ploy Mr Lekbi then go ahead am all ears.
Essa.

Abdoul Njie <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
[ This e-mail is posted to Gambia|Post e-Gathering by "Abdoul Njie" ]

Essa,

I must say that you have a wonderful way of promoting and defending your
agenda regardless of wether it is in the middle, right or left.

If you recall, I once sent an inquiry asking you why the need to broadcast
the names of congressmen and other US government officials when you
requested that they be subscribed and asked you to allow me to think out of
the box.

I subsequently asked if there was anything new or different regarding the
Jammeh Regime now that you find yourself on the otherside and

THE ANTI JAMMEH CAMP in my opinion have been very GENUINE and CONSISTENT
in their quest and commitment to denounce the status quo, and for that one
can almost guess the content and context of their postings and must give
them flying colors to further perpetuate their positions.

For someone like Lekbi, I can tell you that I respect consistency more than
anything in this world, because it is what defines a person's character
irrespective of whether is good or evil and find it particularly offensive
when one suddenly appears to suffer from amnesia and refrain from practicing
what they have for years preached as it has been in your case representing
and promoting the APRC agenda to extent that the Kebba Dampha and the
Yusupha Jows have made it their daily task to debate on such issues.

You see, when I read what you disseminate now with your need to be friends
with those you have always called detractors reluctant to contribute to
national development together with the sudden 360 degrees turn , I cannot
help but ask who LEKBI should trust in this debate or whether these are
opinions of convenience relative to one's present position- PRO or ANTI.

It is my opinion that these suggestions would have been more useful to the
other camp if you had offered them back in 2002 or perhaps before for
someone like me to lend ears to them and I sure that I am not alone
considering both the loud minority and silent majority I have talked about
here.

On the other hand, I do not think coming to the Post and G-L to hint and
broadcast your intentions and current position is neither sophisticated nor
strategic because it allows your TARGET to be able to predict your tactics
even if it is meant as a decoy .

If I allow myself to think of you as the good person you are, which I
honestly and clearly believe you are, it would take me forever to even write
an opinion like this, but just the thought that a few months ago, you were
promoting the JAMMEH propaganda which have been riddled and claimed to have
many flaws and now your open and subversive propaganda, clearly makes me
wonder if there is anything you believe in.

It is no news that the JAMMEH regime have yet to answer to a lot of
questions ranging from atrocities and economic mismanagement, but for me I
do not know who to trust due to the KAKATARR nature of our people. One day
they want you to indentify with thier cause, and the next day, they want
you not to because they no longer support the ideology. Where does this
leave me if I am a blind supporter?

Because I am at the office right now, I have very little time to expand on
my taughts,but perhaps if time allows me, I would do so.

In the meantime, I think your efforts although perhaps genuine clearly lends
some credibility to the contention than perhaps the way you severed
relations with the APRC was not voluntary.

This is just my opinion and deductions on what I have been reading for years
and I hope you do not take it personal.

Hope to meet you in Atlanta on February 21, 2004.

STILL BEST REGARDS,

Ablie Njie- Lekbi

Atlanta

------LATEST NEWS FROM THE GAMBIA, NOW AT:>>-------
http://www.gambiapost.net/newspaper
©2002 Our Guiding Principle : "Va, pensiero", "Let thought(s) fly forth"

Think before you sink!
"Pessimists see difficulty in every opportunity and optimists see an opportunity in every challenge"
"Suits cannot be made without scissors and niddles,so decent minds disagree to agree"