GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Malanding Jaiteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:03:36 -0500
Momodou Camara,
On behalf of the greater Gambia-l family, our sincere thanks for your
service. I do not think anyone of us take your contributions any
lightly. I must say if Dr Katim Touray (Katim, he likes to be called)
was the brain behind G-L I would say you are definitely the heart that
kept the blood flowing. The entire team will continue to thank you for
that.

As you rightly said, Gambia-l has and will continue to be bigger than
individuals. Since its creation in 1994, it has been the main bantaba
for Gambians and friends of the Gambia. Despite all the ups and downs it
stood the test of time. I do hope we will find people among our ranks
(Gambia-lers) to step in not to fill-in you large SHOE but to take the L
to greater heights in their own way.  I believe the management will in
the coming weeks look for fresh new members.

On a personal note I see Gambia-l has a national/international
institution. Our role as members /managers should be to preserver it for
future Gambians and friends of the Gambia. I must say that Gambia-L
throughout the years enjoyed great hospitality and kindness from all our
hosts, University of Wisconsin, University of Washington and St Johns
University. These institutions have been very kind to let us use their
facilities all these years free of charge. The only cost being the time
spent by managers to add folks, remove folks and troubleshoot errors.
Never were we refused service for any netetiquet or server rule
violation. I believe this could not have happened without Momodou
Camara's lead and the coorperation of all G-lers. As a family we have
proven to the world that we can discuss all things Gambia - from Jawara
to Jammeh, and in an environment free of violence, intimidation or foul
languange.

I do hope and pray that the next generation of managers would not only
preserve this record but would work hard to raise the bar even higher.

Momodou, I say thank you for a job well done and enjoy your retirement
while I and the rest of the team begin the task of finding new members.

Malanding Jaiteh

ps. you are now  qualified to be a silent member.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい