GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 07:24:47 EDT
n a message dated 8/29/01 3:42:24 PM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Per Bukharry's request, I shall stop my retaliatory campaign against PPP
> bashers such as yourself and Jabou since all you have put forth are petty

Yus,

I am sorry that you cannot decipher criticism from bashing, and to realize
that we do have right and a duty to remind people of history lest it repeat
itself. Your comment reminds me of aomething I heard jese jackson Jr say in a
commentary the other morning. He said we as a people tend ot have the "crabs
in a barrel syndrome" Every time one of tries to climb out, the others will
pull you in.
Everytime some of us decide to take a raod that ultimately leads all of us to
better things and not compromises that will not help us in the long run,
there are attempts from all angles to pull you back into complacency. It
makes no sense.

This is the 21st century and we still have people baring their fangs
because we dare to point out the architects of our current disarray? I think
your blind defense of the PPP, and your unending attempt to tell us that
going back to the tainted past is OK so long as the present one is worse is
bizarre to say the least.Relax and learn to demand higher ideals from the
politicians and you will not have to choose between one bad regime and
another with this process.

Jabou Joh