GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Essa Sey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 07:58:15 -0700
After that tearful and brotherly meeting in Banjul,Pre.Jammeh,Mr.Vierra and Mr.Mané flew together to Abuja.As Charles Dicken's title 'Great expectations' were glittering infront and everybody was convinced that the meeting in Abuja was going to be the remarkable end to the crises. "Putain!" as the french say Mr.vierra was once again cornered along the corridors at their hotel only to be influenced by  elements who were rigidly bent on washing off the stigma of('an unsuccessful military operation') 'quelle-faiblesse!' He automatically changed and his comprehension of reality  was completely eroded thus, his surprising decision to once again demonise Mané as before.Infact Mr.Vierra was already sidelining those who were making the peace including his hosts(Nigeria!).Was that wise?

Jammeh's predictions for Vierra became truth,because the former adviced him not to resort to any further military means ACTIVITIES. Mr.Vierra with his newest hope of having the chance once again to get rid off Mané didn't pay a heed to what he was adviced to do.He, instead, in collaboration with others attempted to assasinate Mr.Mané when they came home.  Wasn't that fool-hardy?

After their return to Bissau despite the presence of A1senegalese commandos Mr.Mané flushed the

former out of his palace within hours.Imagine who negotiated for his release from being executed by

Mr.Mané's men.The same Dr.ML Sedat Jobe who was earlier on shunned by Mr.Vierra.God knows

best.A Gambian contingent guarded them to the air port after Mr.Mané gave them the green light.

Find out from the senegalese former minister of foreign affairs Mr.Jacque Bodin if DR.Jobe didn't save him somewhere in Bissau off course yes! So the issue is not Wade vs.The Gambia Gvt.its rather Wade vs.the whole of ECOWAS.  Its as one experienced senegalese put in:"entre Gambie et le sénégal je vois deux états un peuple" this man is right now one of Pre.Wade's closest co-workers.

The meaning in english is:"between the Gambia and sénégal i can see two states and one people".

Therefore The Gambia gvt.will be the last institution that would wish to see sénégal in flames! Dr.Jobe will also be the last person who'd wish to see sénégal in flames! He spent most of his life with sénégal's GOD FATHER LEO-POLD SEDAR SENGHORE.Dr. Jobe was brought up by Senghore.Their passion for literature is known world-wide.So its not Pre.wade's assertions that will

move us because soon the world will know where the truth lies.Any one of you who has access to Prime minister   Niasse can call then he'll tell you what role the Gambia played during the G/Bissau crises.Flushing the gvt's actions through wishful thinking is easy but the reality has been proven beyond doubt.

If the operation was not worth-while then, why did the EU assist the Gambia gvt in that regard? Time will tell if Pre.Wade's assertions are from him as a person who will very soon be shunned by members of his inner circle if he continues his current TREND  or otherwise.Note that as far as the casamance issue is concerned some  of the 'big fish' are in France.So Paris has an important role to play therein thus i am within a circle where important information can be derived and this could be advantageous for my Gvt.when negotiating for peace in that area.We are constantly being encouraged by france to continue our mediation efforts.

On LCI a well-known TV station in FRance every french heard Pre.Wade say:"je ne suis pas venu en france pour tendre la main!" Meaning "i have not come to France to beg!"Whether you believe me or not thats more pre-occupying for the senegalese diplomatic circle here than what PreWade said against The Gambia or G/Bissau.Every one knows the historical links bet France and sénégal so thats more of an insult than searching for dignity.Pre. Kabila did the same démarche and withdrew from the francophonie when its summit was supposed to be held in Viet-nam..What happened later on his own colleagues were against his stands! They therefore classified   him as a new-comer thus he  was exonerated.Don't be surprised if our neighbours also attempt to use the same strategy.I am speaking  as one receiving things from inner circles so be mindful not to say "dafa wah rék".

"Ham naa limaa wah".more to come please lets dicusse in a matured way.I REALLY MISS SAUL KHAN PLEASE JOIN ME AND BRING BACK YOUR QUESTION ON BLOOD RELATIVES WHEN I FINISH THIS TOPIC I WILL ANSWER IT ACCORDINGLY.

ESSA BOKARR SEY.