GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saihou Mballow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2001 01:05:50 -0700
Mr.Conteh,
           i must tell you that many people including
the people of Niani have commended the UDP leadership
for this expulsion.However,your concern is very
important to us.The party believe power is not in the
hands of a minority but of the majority of people.As i
once mentioned here,we do not need the praises of
anyone else whose words may delight us,but whose
estimation of facts will fall short of what is really
true.

Your sentiments on our unity is perfect,that united we
stand,divided we fall,these statements may sound a
little corny but nevertheless they still hold true.

On the UDP tour:you wrote"i have seen some UDP
meetings on video.Is there anyway that you can
convince the leadership to minimize its limited
resources.On one ocassion,the three high ranking
officials were the only three passengers in their
respective vehicles on their way to Basse."
 I have all the UDP Basse tours video cassettes but
have not seen a single tape where three high ranking
officials were the only passengers in their respective
vehicles as you alleged.Nevertheless,i would
appreciate it if you can come with the tape to DC
during the ALD so that you,the secretary general
Ousainou Darboe and my humble self would sit and
review the matter.We don't have resources to waste and
let me assure you,any single butut that the party has
is put in a better use to reach the Gambia people at
the grass root level.
Thank you.
Saihou

=== message truncated ===