GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edward Small <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 01:44:21 -0000
Mr Kujabi
I had expected that you will give a prompt response to my second set of
questions as  you did to the first. Considering your very strong views on
Baba Galleh's writings and your absolute conviction that Mr Jallow is a cafe
intellectual and a dishonset intellectual, I would have thought that you
would have ready answers for my questions. You cannot just attack someone
for the sake of attacking and then back off when challenged to produce
concrete evidence to back your accusations. For your convenience, I
reproduce below the text of the questions I posted to you early last week.
Since you parade as a champion of Truth, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and
Democracy, I trust you will rise to this challenge. I await your speedy
response. Below is the text of my earlier posting.
Regards
Pa Small

My dear Mr Kujabi
Please answer the following questions for me, if you would.
You really do have a problem, don't you? You really are exceedingly
overbearing ain't you? Why can't you let Hamjatta fight his own war? Or are
you and Hamjatta one and the same person? Why didn't you let Hamjatta make
public the alleged private insults sent to him by Mataarr Njie?
And why don't you leave Baba Galleh alone? You really do have a bone to pick
with him don't you? You really are out to discourage him from posting his
stories on the L ain't you? Who are you to tell him what to write and what
not to write? Does the democracy for which you claim to stand not have room
for freedom of expression? Can you honestly say that Baba Galleh, a former
editor-in-chief of the Daily Observer and co-founder and current
editor-in-chief of The Independent who has suffered countless arrests and
detentions in the struggle and who continues to write articles against
dictatorial practices in The Independent(eg most recently: 'Remember, Mr
President?' and 'Africa's Hostage Populations and Sit Tight Presidents'),
has not done/is not doing anything at all for The Gambia? I await your
answers.
Pa Small