GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MLJ Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 00:28:33 -0400
Comrades:

May I begin by thanking Sister Jabou Joh and Mr. Edrissa
Njie for their courage in endorsing the opposition to
boycott the forthcoming presidential election in The
Gambia?  I also want to thank PDOIS for its courageous
foresight in intimating its desire in boycotting future
elections in The Gambia.  I emphatically want to repeat
my call that no single opposition party in The Gambia
can claim to have the soul right to our struggle.

In a more simplistic term, Gambians must understand the
underlying decisions or conditions that are conducive
for a free and fair elections.  No opposition
political party can ignore the plights of the disbanded
politicians under Sir Dawda's legal government whose
rights are repeatedly been violated by moron dictator yahya
jemus.  No genuine free thinking Gambia who claims to
induce himself or herself with political rhetoric can
unilaterally avenge the political plight of the majority
Gambian with a self-imposed political agenda in freeing
The Gambian people.  Our journey in this far-reaching
struggle is a testament that ignorance and selfishness
will result in the opposition wondering after the unfaithful
day in October of what really happened to our struggle.

Does this mean that a new generation of Gambians will seek
to salvage The Gambia in a traditional Gambian style?            I am of I the opinion that my conscience and willingness
to speak the truth will enforce me to join others after
the dictator rigs the elections.  I cannot consciously           advocate for a participation in the elections when those innocent Gambians who so vehemently fought for the rights        of all are been constantly violated.  Politics should not be
based on an ideology of vocation where individuals are only
interested in their own achievements at the detriment of
society.  It is indeed refreshing that our attitudes
and convictions must be yielded in a phenomenon of
political indifference for the good of society.  We have
engaged in substantive dialogue for the good of The
Gambia.  We believe in one kind that the dictator of
kaninlai is the worst thing that ever happened to The
Gambia, and therefore our attitudes in summation must be
sanctioned to a capacity of good will.  The Gambian
country under the dictator of kaninlai is doomed to fail
and as such our collaborative efforts must be guiding
principles for a better and free Gambia.

For those of us who have voiced our sentiments in this
struggle, we must clearly define our intended purpose
and draw parallel to historical precedents in understanding
our engagement with the enemy.  Why rock or ride a broken
car that will stall at any moment?  Why subject yourself
to intimidation by the enemy who continues to deny you
the right to political process?  Why engage in disunity
and refuse to admit that our own individual political
satire against each other will backfire on our face?
Why will the opposition guaranty the dictator the right
to deny us another five or six years of freedom?  The
opposition should know better.  Please follow the lead
of PDOIS and plan to boycott future elections if
Mr. Johnson and Mr. Fatty are not reinstated.

These are the following reasons why I call for a boycott:

1. Continued disbanding of Sir Dawda and his former
   ministers.
2. The unlawful firing of Bishop Johnson and Mr. Fatty.
3. The murder of innocent Gambian students.
4. Dictator yahya jammeh's continued donation of public
   funds to social organizations without appropriation.
5. Continued one man rule by the dictator of kaninlai.
6. The buying of votes in the last bi-elections in
   Central Badibou and Kiang East constituencies.
7. The control of the media by the illegal government.
8. The unlawful imprisonment of Mr. Dumo Saho et al.
9. The unlawful firing of The Gambian civil servants.
10.The use of local chieves as propaganda tools against
   our comrades.
11.The establishment of the NIA aka KGB and continued
   harassment of our comrades.
12.The innocent rape and killing of a Gambian school girl.
13.The torture and butcher of Mr. Ebrima Barry.
14.The recent law passed by the house that is retroactive
   in protecting the security forces.

Comrades, I am certain that numerous violations and illegal
activities by the illegal government of the day will
serve as reasons that dictator yahya jemus will use all
costs to continue his terror against innocent Gambians.

I want to reiterate that if the opposition participates
in the presidential election, I will continue to pay
my contribution to help in unseating the dictator despite
the fact that I strongly advocate a boycott.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh