GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:25:48 +0100
  From: Yoga Adhola
  To: UPC UPC
  Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 5:31 PM
  Subject: Re: Bageya attacks Kategaya

  Comrade Ayo,

  Technically Bageya is right. Museveni is being very subtle here. He is himself not openly pushing his third term manouvre. He is leaving that to other people. He is doing this for two reasons. First, he would like it to appear that the third term move is from the grassroots. That way he would escape accusations that he is hungry for power. It is as a result of this that Kategaya keeps unmasking him by stating that it is Museveni who is behind the third term move.

  While this may seem to be a minor point, it is very important for us to draw the distinction.

  Yoga Adhola.