GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Malanding Jaiteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:40:34 -0500
Sister Soffie,
I must admit my ignorance about this subject. What I gather from the
communications at the list owners forum, the problem began when Yahoo
tagged Maelstrom for possible source of spam, thereby preventing
deliveries to some of its subscribers. To prevent endless error
messages, Maelstrom managers removed all Yahoo and affiliates addresses.
Looks like we are among the few least affected although not totally
immuned. As for hotmail account holders I hope they are not next. i
guess the problem is really SPAM and unattended mailboxes. One way to
avoid all the chaos is first to attend to your mailboxes. A number of
free mailers restrict capacity to no more than 5MB. Frequent cleaning
mailboxes helps reduce bounces that originate from that. Also many ISPs
reduce bandwidth by limiting number of the number of messages they can
carry per day. This results to millions in the queue and listservs keep
trying before dumping them although is not fast enough either.  Hope I
did not confuse you further.

Malanding