GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
musa mbye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 01:52:00 -0700
Dear Gambians,

The things that are happening in The Gambia, makes me
wander if Yahya is precipitating conflict in people's
minds and brains.  There is no need to panic.  He is
not staying too long under the sunshine.  People like
him will burn under it.  Yahya's impossible hopes and
desires have heaped evil into the country.  He stages
a dance which he is the center of.  He has forgotten
how to impact life's high style and significance.  You
are capable of doing anything that reduces another
person so you can be your own size and status.  I
understand that grief thrived in a quiet heart and
right now yours thunders with terror and revulsion.
Savagery gladdens you.

In a real World not that of illusion, man manages to
give to another and accept defeat. You do not have to
be told that this is the beginning of the end.  I
understand it is hard to let go.  The Gambian people
haven't yet forgotten themselves, their duty to God
(Almighty) and I know because of that they they can
forgive.  You think, you are proper only if you show
you have power.  You think, this makes you earn social
honor in the expenses of others.

Over the years, I have fought for your favor and
quarrel in your favor.  Nevertheless, appearance and
realities are seldom the same and your talent for
deception is far greater than that of a Chameleon. I
now finally commit my life to understand this very
aspect of your cruelty and nothing will ever bring me
closer to knowing who you are than I do now.

One can never understand what freedom really means
unless you are willing to speak what is in your mind.
I am just a helpless man trapped in your
insanity,because of that I take responsibility in
fighting for those who are deprived of their rights. I
can't turn away from the truth, that everyday causes
me night sweats and bad dreams.

Do not give up, there is still hope for stability and
happiness but it's not going to be without quiet a
dread, because the man you are dealing with is capable
of atrocities infinitely worse than the most wicked
dreams one had as a child.

Thank you Gambians.
Continue to commit yourselves to peace,love and what
your religion teaches you.

Musa Mbye