GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 15:26:13 +0000
Mr. Jawo, thanks for doing your part in exposing Murder Incorporate (Yaya
Jammeh and the APRC), once again.  This is yet another reason why the
opposition leaders need to see the wisdom in coming together to confront
Yaya and his cronies about this and other embezzlement schemes.  Yaya will
tell Gambians whatever he wishes because he knows that the opposition is not
serious about confronting him.  Sound bites is not going to cut it.  They
have asked Yaya to step down and he just laughs at their joke.  Those that
attempt to rationalize with him have failed miserably.  Individually, they
have each let out a bark about Crude il II and went right back to sleep.
That is the favorite guard dog for seasoned criminals like Yaya and the
APRC, because they know that they will get away with their loot, unstopped.
The only way we keep this criminal activity in the public eye is to keep
demanding answers and if our calls are ignored, the opposition leaders are
within their rights as stakeholders in our affairs to lead Gambians in the
streets to protest and disrupt the national business.

Gambians are not interested in hearing one opposition leader shredding
another into pieces.  None in the opposition is stealing from Gambians as I
write, Yaya and the APRC are.  Therefore, I believe Waa Juwara would do us
all a favor if he ceases and desists from attacking Ousainou Darbo.  He can
attack Darbo all he wants, but the fact remains that Darbo is not the one
who stole Oil gift III and other Gambian resources; Darbo is not the one
that ruined our economy; he did not starve Gambians, nor did he kill and
maimed our citizens.  So, where is the wisdom in Waa attacking Darbo or any
other opposition leader?  I hope those that advise Waa Juwara to remind him
that attacking Ousainou also means strengthening the criminal, that is Yaya
Jammeh.

Our condition is really desperate, but Gambians have to stop ignoring the
criminal activity of Yaya and the APRC and just focusing on their daily
bread.  All we are doing in this our strategy is to prolong our agony.  As
long as our citizens put their self interest above the national interest,
our condition is not going to change.  Criminals like Yaya need to be
confronted.  Mr. Jawo, much respect from this end and I hope those that
purport to lead our people realize how they are failing the people.  If they
continue with their sporadic barks, then the chapter on Oil Scandal II will
soon be closed, leading us to an unending series of schemes and corrupt
practices, just like we did with Crude Oil I.

None, including the US of A is going to liberate us, but us, Gambians.
Gambians from within and without need to increase their voices and mount a
pressure against the excesses of the Yaya and the APRC.  If we continue to
focus on our individual welfare, we shall one day wake up to the horrors
that surrounds us: Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ivory Coast, etc.  They all
started with their citizens focusing on their individual welfare to the
detriment of their national interest.  For if our time bomb explodes, it
will not discriminate and all of us are in danger.  Let us learn from the
examples around us, if we want to avoid spilling unnecessary blood of our
own country folk.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou