GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 17:32:43 -0500
Dr. Jeng:

You are indeed right on the money.  Tax evasion is a serious
problem in The Gambia.  Maybe with proper tax codes and
uncorruptible tax agents, we may be able to collect more taxes.

The legislature has a primary responsibility in enacting tax
codes that are fair.  The civil service alone should not be the
only viable tax entity.

Our engagement is a solid approach to reconciliation.  We cannot
constantly lay blame on the government without providing needed
suggestions.  One must realize that there is an absolute difference
of being an opposition, and a willing partner for the overall
success of our country.  We all shine mighty well when our country
does well.

The Gambia belongs to all of us.  It is disheartening to continue
endless blame on the government.  Our responsibility is to come
up with the meeting of minds for the development of our country.
This approach is indeed inclusive of every stakeholder in our
country.

I hope with your knowledge, the government can use use in a very
positive way in improving our financial outlay.  I treasure
your input in this needed debate.  I am proud that I can engage
a talent like yours.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh
Greensboro, NC/Kombo East Constituency