GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 06:54:04 -0700
Bala Mose,

Thanks for this insight. You're spot on regarding
Ousainou Darbo's demeanor. Watching and listening to
the man, it's obvious that he's NOT a traditional
politician at all. To be blunt, Ousainou makes Al Gore
look and sound hip. Even Old Pa is more cheerful than
Darbo. But, one thing that comes across very clearly
from the man is his dedication to justice and the
"rule of law." When I heard Hamat Bah at the ALD, I
was certain he'll get my vote if we are to vote in the
coming elections. But after listening to Ousainou, I'm
no longer sure about that. The man is very
cool-headed. And he comes across in his replies as
sincere, and straight-forward. You just don't feel
he's giving you the usual politician bs. In short,
he's very re-assuring. As speculative as it may sound,
I simply can't see that man making rash decisions. I
was a little miffed at them when I went to their
meeting, but in all honesty, if what I saw is anything
to go by, our country will be in safe hands under
these people. They've shown me more competence than I
expected from them.
Good morning.

Saul.