GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 12:27:19 EST
Peter,

You make some good points but isn't Ebou one of the people who tried to
organize against Jammeh in Senegal and has now changed his tune only because that
was not successful. This by his own words.
Hard facts, yes, but the problem is that we have hypocrites who switch sides
readily in pursuit of only their self interest. That is  really our biggest
problem. In other words, some of us  have selective moralization where the
monster is only a monster if your interest is not served with him, but a good guy
to be defended and whose atrocities you close your eyes to  if your agenda is
served with him. At least Peter, to your credit, you have outlined not only
Wade's faults, but that of Jammeh as well in this post.

Jabou Joh