GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:15:07 -0500
Kabir, I know it is very hard to do, but at times you just have to ignore
people like Gassama.  It is infuriating dealing with people that jump from
one nonsensical posture to another whenever you try to straighten them out.
You exposed him for the coward and sycophant he is.  Because he is scared to
dead and does NOT dare even openly support his ‘buddies’ like Emmanuel Joof
and Muhammed Sillah (like you supported your friend, Dumo), he thinks
everyone is like him.  Don’t mind him and his tantrums.  He also thought he
had Musa Jeng in his ‘corner’.  When Musa Jeng clarified his positions,
Gassama started throwing tantrums on the man.  Instead of bringing arguments
to show people where they went wrong, he started talking about people’s
families and how he was ‘disappointed’ in them.  I say: ‘who cares that a
sycophant like Gassama is disappointed in you?’  Maybe his children do.

Going by his logic, I wonder what or who Famara Jatta is ‘scared’ of to lead
him to go to Parliament and declare in front of the whole world that
Gambians have grown POORER since 1994.  That is basically what you and
others are saying.  We talk to our families, we visit our families and we
see the abject poverty they live in.  Gassama himself CANNOT lead a decent
lifestyle in the country if he does NOT cut corners.  He does NOT have the
guts to even admit his own predicament.  He gets upset when we admit the
predicament of our own families.  We do NOT need to live in denial just to
please Yaya.  We are NOT sycophants.  If Gambians are poor we will NOT
pretend that they are living great lifestyles because Yaya ‘promised’ them
some roads.

I saw the newspapers talking about the unsanitary conditions at the Bakoteh
Dump.  I also understand that what used to be the Talinding ‘Highway’ is now
fast becoming a garbage dump.  Yaya and his cohorts do NOT want to hear
that.  They just want people to talk about their empty promises and
‘projects’ that even ten-year-olds can implement in the country.

No matter how much garbage Gassama et al bring here, the REALITY is that our
people are POORER than they were before AFPRC/APRC.  We still have POLITICAL
PRISONERS in the country.  Gambians live under constant FEAR of the NIA and
other thugs in the country.  Gassama himself has been emasculated.  We have
the most CORRUPT regime the country has ever seen and would probably ever
see.

Kabir, only a misguided fool will think that you are scared to voice your
opinion.  Everyone witness here how you stood and continue to stand by your
friend (Dumo). Although I hate to even mention you in this same vein with
Gassama, I must point out that Gassama has NEVER stood by the people he
claimed as friends. It brings a bitter taste to my mouth to even compare you
with such a despicable character. Continue the good work you are doing.
Without us our families back home will starve to dead.  I am glad you do NOT
spend the most valuable part of your day (when you should be earning your
living) sending garbage to G_L; and your evenings frequenting bars to get
drunk and talk more nonsense.
KB