GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:13:03 -0700
Mr. Sidibeh:

The reality in our approach to one Gambia is our willingness to embrace things
that we share affectionately, and disband the negatives that  divide us.

Our approach in understanding and properly communicating our intended message
to our audience will clearly define our strategy.

Tribalism is the same as racism.  If you are Black, mainstream US will not
define you by your tribe, but by your race.  If we hold true that our race is
integral in how we are defined, then we can clearly change our approach to our
tribal sentiments.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh