GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 18:26:05 +0100
kb

You are spot on. In fact IEC have just announced that
they can't register Gambians from abroad. Please read
today's DaiLY Observer entitled; IEC can't register
Gambians overseas.
  After 7 years promise from the defunct PIEC and IEC
this is all what they can say. In my view this was all
political, they knew from the begining that this
exercise won't be taken place but still tried to play
the spin. So you are right to say that we Gambians in
the diaspora are disenfranchized.

Have a wonderful day

Sanusi

Did we need a press statement from the