GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dave Manneh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 21:04:18 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Manneh [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 24 November 2001 21:01
To: Joe Sambou
Subject: RE: Former AFPRC Strongman Apologises to President Jammeh

Joe if the paragraph below is what you are referring to then its Elhaji you need to talk to. It was
a quote from him.
Perhaps I should have wrapped in quotes.  Sorry about that.

        "I fully agree with all what you said. " A thief is just a thief ". In my opinion,
all thieves should be treated the same way. Some people has taken more than what
Ebou has taken, and we want to put a blind eye on them. I want to see them
attacked in any Gambian gathering, just as Ebou Jallow is being attacked. I made
it clear that Ebou owe us explainations, and i am not defending his action,  but i
cannot digest that he is the only thief who owe us explainations. What about the
others ?"

My personal take was thus

"If you know who those folks are, what is stopping you from naming and shaming them.
It is equally your duty to the Gambian people to name those  "bigger thieves" surely.
There is no bigger thief than Ebou, the guy is a creep, and he knows it too.
I told him two yrs ago that anytime he comes here with his shit, there will be
people who will be more than willing to shove it where it comes from, which is his poo hole.

Let Ebou give us a freaking break, oK??
Enjoy your Iftar, if you haven't already eaten "

So the top paragraph was Fye's response to Jabou and above was mine to his.
I hope this makes my position crystal clear.
And do not worry, if I ever have the misfortune of knowing any shameless Gambian thief like
this Ebou character, I shall name and shame him/her.
Terribly sorry about the confusion.
There is no love lost between me and that creep or his ilk. Though I do not know
him from Adam, all the same he is one super creep and his arrogance makes my blood boil.