GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2008 21:23:58 EDT

occasion of its anniversary!
Three Cheers to SGN:
Hep Hep Hep, Hurray!
Hep Hep Hep, Hurray!!
God bless.
Our Dear valued Readers:
On Monday, June 9, 2008, Senegambia News will celebrate its first anniversary
 as a credible, responsible and professional online news medium that
continues to  advocate for and defend human rights and the rule of law in  Africa,
particularly The Gambia.
Our special thanks to you, our faithful readers, donors, contibutors and our
dedicated reporters in The Gambia, who risk their lives on a daily basis to
file  reports.
I also wish to take this opportunity on behalf of Senegambia News,  to
sincerely thank all human rights and press freedom organizations for  their tireless
efforts in helping Gambians and many other citizens of other  countries and
territories in Africa, gain and retain freedom for all.  Notable among these
wonderful organizations are: The Accra-based  Media  Foundation for West Africa
(MFWA); the New York-base Committee to Protect  Journalists (CPJ); Amnesty
International (AI); Reporters Without Borders  (RSF/RWB); The Gambia Press Union;
West Africa Journalists Association  (WAJA).
And as we celebrate our first anniversary on Monday, we'll evaluate
ourselves in order to measure our progress and failures in delivering news and
commentaries to our valued readership. Readers are therefore welcomed to  send in
their contributions to help us improve on our shortcomings.
For more on our anniversary, please visit us Monday.
Thanks,
Yankuba Jambang,
Editor &  Publisher

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.