GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
musa pembo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 08:05:45 -0000
FROM THE MIMBAR OF HOLY HARAM IN MAKKAH AND MADINA

(Friday, May 18, 2001)

MUSLIMS TOLD TO BE GENEROUS,BEWARE OF PRETENDERS.

IN MAKKAH

Dr. Osama Bin Abdullah Khayat, Imam and Khateeb of the grand Mosque in
Makkah urged Muslims to fear Allah, obey Him, keep away from sins and spend
for the sake of Allah.

In his Friday Sermon (Jummah Khutbah), May 18, 2001, His Eminence dealt with
the subject of giving and spending for the sake of Allah.  He said that
Allah promised health to the believers who give generously.

Dr. Khayat urged the Muslims to give generously.  He said that the giving or
spending should be in conformity with the rules of the Sharia’h.He quoted
verse 29 of Surah Bani Israel(sura 17)where the Qur’an states: “Make not thy
hand tied (like a niggard’s) to thy neck, nor stretch it forth to its utmost
reach, so that thou become blameworthy and destitute.”

He said that this good deed comes between two bad deeds: that is,
extravagance and miserliness.The latter two are undesirable
characteristics and a wise and sensible Muslim should avoid them.

IN MADINA

In his Friday Sermon, Sheikh Abdul Mohsin Al-Qasim, Imam and Khateeb of the
Prophet’s Mosques advised Muslims to fear Allah at all times and to adhere
to religious observances (‘ibadaat).

He reiterated that Muslims should adhere to observance of religious duties
in preparation for meeting Allah Almighty on “The Day whereon neither wealth
nor sons will avail” quoting verse 88 of Surah Al-Shu’ara(Sura 26).

He said that Allah fashioned Creation with His power.  He guided whom He
wanted to guide with His kindness and He let others deviate from what is
right,with His justice.He inscribed that in the Tablet Preserved (Loah
Al-Mahfuz).He made the paths leading to happiness and misfortune clear to
His servants.

He praised the believers and censured the unbelievers.  He described the
negative characteristics of the unbelievers and warned against them.In the
Holy Qur’an Almighty Allah condemned the deeds of the unbeliever,his corrupt
belief and bad conduct.Sheikh Al-Qasim said that the unbeliever denies the
existence of the Day of Resurrection,rules out the occurrence of the Day of
Judgment and he does not believe in fate.

Despair,lying,arrogance and being jealous of the believers are among his
characteristics.He is jealous of the bounties that the believers has and
hopes that they will disappear.

His Eminence further said that among the forms of the unbeliever’s ugly
jealousy is his striving to mislead the Muslims so that both will enter
hell.He said that the unbeliever strives to harm the believers and take
their bounties from them although he pretends to be honest and of good
conduct.He strives for his own benefits.

Sheikh Al-Qasim warned against imitating the unbelievers and their
conduct.He urged the Muslims to perform prayers in congregation in the
mosque.

The Holy Qur'an says:

O ye who believe! obey Allah and obey the Apostle and those charged with
authority among you.  If ye differ in anything among yourselves refer it to
Allah and His Apostle if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day:that is
best and most suitable for final determination. (Surah An-Nisaa: Ayat 59)

Prophet Muhammad's (peace be upon him) sayings:(Hadith)

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that While the Prophet
(Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) was saying something in a gathering; a
Bedouin came and asked him, "When would the Hour (Doomsday) take place?"
Allah's Apostle continued his talk, so some people said that Allah's Apostle
had heard the question, but did not like what that Bedouin had asked. Some
of them said that Allah's Apostle had not heard it.When the Prophet
(Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) finished his speech,he said, "Where is the
questioner, who inquired about the Hour (Doomsday)?" The Bedouin said, "I am
here, O Allah's Apostle ." Then the Prophet (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam)
said, "When honesty is lost,then wait for the Hour (Doomsday)." The Bedouin
said, "How will that be lost?" The Prophet (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam)
said, "When the power or authority comes in the hands of unfit persons,then
wait for the Hour (Doomsday.)" (Sahih Al-Bukhari).

Narrated by Abdullah ibn Masud (may Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet
(Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) said, "Do not wish to be like anyone except
in two cases. (The first is) A person,whom Allah has given wealth and he
spends it righteously; (the second is) the one whom Allah has given wisdom
(the Holy Qur'an) and he acts according to it and teaches it to others."
(Fateh-al-Bari page 177 Vol. 1) (Sahih Al-Bukhari).

Narrated by Humran (the slave of 'Uthman) (may Allah be pleased with him)I
saw 'Uthman bin 'Affan (may Allah be pleased with him)asking for a tumbler
of water (and when it was brought)he poured water over his hands and washed
them thrice and then put his right hand in the water container and rinsed
his mouth, washed his nose by putting water in it and then blowing it out.
Then he washed his face and forearms up to the elbows thrice, passed his wet
hands over his head and washed his feet up to the ankles thrice. Then he
said, "Allah's Apostle said 'If anyone Performs ablution like that of mine
and offers a two-rak'at prayer during which he does not think of anything
else (not related to the present prayer) then his past sins will be
forgiven.' " After performing the ablution 'Uthman said, "I am going to tell
you a Hadith which I would not have told you,had I not been compelled by a
certain Holy Verse (the sub narrator 'Urwa said: This verse is: 'Verily,
those who conceal the clear signs and the guidance which we have sent
down...)' (Surah 2, Ayat 159). I heard the Prophet saying, 'If a man
performs ablution perfectly and then offers the compulsory congregational
prayer, Allah will forgive his sins committed between that (prayer) and the
(next) prayer till he offers it.' "(Sahih Al-Bukhari).

DU’A (Invocations)
Oh Allah! Guide me together with those You have guided, and strengthen me
together with those to whom You have given strength. Take me into Your care
together with those You have taken into Your care.  Bless me in what You
have given me.  Protect me from the evil You have ordained.  Surely You
command and are not commanded, and none whom You have committed to Your care
shall be humiliated (and none whom You have taken as an enemy shall taste
glory).You are Blessed,Our Lord,and Exalted.

Oh Allah! I Seek protection in Your pleasure from Your discontent.  I seek
protection in Your Forgiveness from Your punishment.I seek protection in You
from You.I cannot count Your praises,You are as You have praised Yourself.

Oh Allah!You alone do we worship and to You we address our prayers and bow
down prostrate.You we hasten to worship and to serve.Our hope is for Your
mercy and our fear is for Your punishment.Surely Your punishment of the
disbelievers is at hand.Oh Allah! we seek Your help and Your Forgiveness,
and we praise You beneficently.We deny You not and believe in You. We
surrender to You and renounce whoeverdisbelieves in You.

Oh Allah! I am Your slave and the son of Your slaves.  My fate is in your
Hands.Your judgment upon me is assured.Justice upon me is Your command.I ask
You by every Name You have taken for Yourself, revealed in Your Book, taught
any one of Your creation or taken unto Yourself in the realm of the unknown,
to make the Qur’an the spring of my heart, and the light of my breast, the
banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my despondency.

(Who say), “Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us
and grant us from Yourself mercy.  Indeed You are the Bestower.”

“Our Lord, surely You will gather the people for a Day about which there is
no doubt.Indeed, Allah does not fail in His promise.”

Earn abundant reward from Allah Subhanawatala:

Spread the Message of Allah

Courtesy of Brother Haroon Basha of Saudi Arabia.