GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jungle Sunrise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 09:52:09 -0400
"As they say, hind sight is always 20/20 and it took the disaster in The
Gambia to have the government there start separating passengers from cargo
as you pointed out. They had not done that before, and it took the disaster
for that to happen. Now, yes, Senegal should have learned a lesson from
that, but they are accepting the responsibility for this tragedy, and I am
sure they will do something in this regard now."

The government of Senegal accepting full responsibility is just a mere
statement. It will neither bring back the dead nor would it affect those I
hold 100% responsible for this tragedy in any significant way. you watch
and see. This tragedy has wiped out some entire families including hundreds
of young school children returning home from holidays.

Secondly, it is much cheaper to learn from other people's mistakes than
one's own.

"I think that one of the unfortunate realities we are facing here is that
here are two African states that have more in common than any other on the
continent, and yet, we have these border and customs problems that lead
people from both sides to find other ways to get from point A to point B,
sometimes resulting in these tragedies."

I agree with you entirely.

Have a good day, Gassa.

--
There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see,
yet small enough to solve (Mike Leavitt)