GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Essau Gambia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 23:53:53 -0400
Colonel Sam Sarr supervised the torture of the late Yaya Drammeh and
others-Claims Lamarana Jallow!

 Lamarana Jallow says Sarr is  Lamarana says Chongan and Sarr
not better than Sabally!!!       need evidence to prove their case!

By Lamarana Jallow, a son of the Gambia.

Mr. Editor,

Please give me space on your widely read Newspaper. Do I hear fugitive
Colonel Samsudeen Sarr accusing Sana Bairo Sabally of crime against
humanity? Is this not the Sam Sarr who used to run Yahya Jammeh's dirty
errands for him in Banjul? Is this not the Sam Sarr, who led the security
team to Senegal to extradite the late Yaya Drammeh and other Frafenni
attackers? Is this not the Sam Sarr who presided over the trial by media
against Yaya Drammeh and others? Is this not the Sam Sarr who supervised the
torture of Yaya Drammeh and others? Unfortunately, Yaya Drammeh later died
because of the torture he suffered from the hands of Sam's boys. Sam
witnessed all the torture sessions at the Mile Two and the NIA. Sam dares
deny that he never witnessed the torture sessions. Did the so called Colonel
thinks that we are sleeping? Look, let Sam Sarr stop playing with Gambians
minds. He's equally guilty as Sana Sabally. He is not better than Sana at
all. Here is the pot calling the kettle black. Sam's recent showcase to
criminalize Sana Sabally is the height of hypocrisy. Thanks to the GRTS,
Sam's image has been captured. The Farafenni arm attack tape is in my
possession and I  can provide it to the Freedom Newspaper for all to watch
it online. This was the day when Sam uses his literary skills to carricature
the attackers calling them cowards, bandits and all that sort. Sam cannot
deny this. Sarr allowed to be used by Jammeh, only to be dumped after he
outlived his usefulness. I thought it necessary to halt his new project of
lies without proofs. Though, there is proof at hand to indict Sam for aiding
and abetting Jammeh. Sam cannot say that his conduct was inline with the
dictates of the laws of the country.

Exposing his dishonest and unprofessional conduct, Sam uses the GRTS as a
court platform to try and convict the accused persons. Remember, the matter
in question has not even reaches the court at the time. I remember Lawyer
Lamin Jobarteh, a former NIA Director cautioning his colleagues, including
the media to avoid commenting on the main substance matter of the case, as
it might undermine the judicial process. The late Daba Marena and other
security chiefs were in attendance including Sam Sarr. Sam careless about
his open contempt against the laws of the land, his primary objective was to
impress Jammeh. Period.

Colonel Sarr would be the last person to accused Jammeh, because the man had
succeeded in using him over the years. All his  past noises  centered on the
November 11 incident and his past experiences at the mile two prisons. He
has own story to tell the Gambian people. Sam was Jammeh's errand boy.

When he failed in his bid to succeed Babocarr Jatta, he resorted to
character assassination against Jatta to the President. His pettiness caused
him his job. In the end, he never won the respect of Jammeh. Sam was pushing
too hard to be the army commander. He calls Jatta uneducated, daft and
coward. The Freedom Newspaper was right when it reported that Sam fought
with Baboucarr Jatta, which led to his sacking. Sam never wanted to
recognize Jatta as his senior man. He treats the officer with contempt and
had always been saying bad things about Jatta. Thanks to Baboucarr Jatta,
Sam was reinstated into the army. Yet, the ungrateful Sam Sarr was busy
plotting against Jatta. What Sam fails to realize was that he cannot be an
army commander under Jammeh's government. Never!! Jammeh never trusts him
and cannot trust him.

Sam's package of lies and deception should be countered for the sake of the
records. Mathew Jallow of the Echo was not in the Gambia, when Sam Sarr used
to terrorize coup suspects and members of the armed forces. We know Sam very
well. He is nothing but a fake.

Sam fled the Gambia when there was a pending criminal case against him. His
case file is still opened. Sarr is equally guilty of crimes against humanity
just like in the case of Sana Sabally. Sam cannot deny that he was not being
investigated.

If the late Yaya Drammeh was alive he would have offered a vivid account as
to how Sam threatened to  employ  intimidatory tactics to make them confess.
Other convicts at the Mile Two are here to tell their story. How about the
Senegalese alleged attacker Mballow? How about Mballow's  battered face?
Look, let Sam stop the lies and tell the truth.

Baboucarr Jatta is alive and can attest to these facts. Sam left a bad
legacy at the GNA. Praise singing Jammeh was his second name. He calls
Jammeh's government legitimate at some point and turns around calling it
undemocratic. Sam needs to get a life and stop the hypocrisy. With all his
so called education, Sam acted so low to allow to be used by Jammeh. Sam
needs to work on how to reconcile with Gambians and not embark on deception
campaign.

I'm not a supporter of Sana Sabally. My conscience cannot allow me to watch
Sam criminalized a person he shares the same characteristics with. Sana was
wild just like Sam. They all owe an apology to Gambians. Coups are bad, but
Sam cannot use his position to deny accused persons justice. The trial by
media he exposed Drammeh and others was a violation of the constitution. Sam
ought to know better.

The Freedom Newspaper's call for Sam and Chogan to file a case against Sana
should be supported by facts and evidence. Sam and Chongan cannot just walk
into the courts without providing compelling evidence to indict Sana. Sam's
past terror activities might undermine the said case. Lets Sam defend
himself on these allegations and I will come with more revelations. We were
on the ground since 1994. Sam can fake the Gambians in  Diaspora and not us
who witnessed his past dubious  and sinister activities. Arjarma Bandirabeh.

Editors note:The views of the author does not represents the position of the
Freedom Newspaper in anyway. This paper cannot be held liable for the
content of the writer's claims. His views are his views and does not
reflects the position of the Freedom Newspaper. Colonel Sarr is free to
respond to the allegations. We hope our position is loud and clear. Thanks
for your attention.

Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 (Archive on Monday, June 25, 2007)
Posted by PNMBAI  Contributed by PNMBAI
Return <http://freedomnewspaper.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx>

   Copyright 2006 (c) Freedom Newspaper, LLC.   :  Powered By
PointClick<http://www.pointclicktech.com/>
  :  Terms Of Use<http://freedomnewspaper.com/Home/tabid/36/ctl/Terms/Default.aspx>
  :  Pri<http://freedomnewspaper.com/Home/tabid/36/ctl/Privacy/Default.aspx>

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい