GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:17:45 EDT
In a message dated 6/30/00 1:12:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Now,Ousainou and his members will
 appear in court on the 13th July 2000.
 WHEN ARE THE KILLERS OF OUR CHILDREN GOING TO APPEAR IN
 COURT?They are still moving on the streets everyday and some has even
 got
 promotions recently. >>
************************************
This is the million dollar question, as well as a clear indication of the
conspiratorial nature of this whole case.However, the truth will prevail in
the end.
I want to also take this opportunity to commend "Coms" Wadda for her
courageous stand on behalf of the Gambian people. The civil service are the
machinery that grinds government, and the gate keepres of the people's
business. We depend on them to make sure that our interest is safe guarded.
To all of you in the civil service who are taking a stand to say enough is
enough, my hats off to you and know that your efforts will make a tremendous
difference.

I am also encourgaed by the formation of the NGO headed by Mr Sillah. As
someone suggested ,all of us should do what we can in terms of providing any
form of support we can to this organizarion.
You can only push people so far before something has to give folks, and this
is what is happening right now.

Ebrima Ceesay,as i always tell you, good dedicated journalists are the voice
of the people, so keep up the good work. My regards also to your courageous
sources in The Gambia. Their contribution is a milestone in this struggle.

Soffie Ceesay, you are right, some sisterly emancipation for Zainab jammeh is
in order I am sure, but never discount the "gold digger " factor here sister.
Some of us unfortunately, will put up with anything for the sake of money,
and I am sure that is in play here because i cannot possibly imagine what
else is in it for the sister. Certainly not love and decency which should be
the reason one loves and is loved.

A happy 4th of July to one and all in the USA.

Jabou Joh