GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 20:42:09 -0000
Tombong,

As much as it defies basic logic, I'll have to retract my statement a few
days ago that your party will be humiliated in both Baddibu and Kiang. While
there's no doubt that money (vote buying,) and intimidation had an effect, I
blame the people of Kiang and Baddibu for voting the way they did. I'll
advance a qualified congratulation to y'all for now, until we have
independent testimony about what really happened on the ground in the past
two days. But to your credit, even Baddibu is a lot closer than I could have
ever imagined just this morning. I'll wait for the independent papers or Mr.
Christensen's testimony before commenting any further. But to say that I'm
surprised by the results is an understatement...

Saul.