GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
GlobeTravel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 21:15:23 -0800
TO:  ALL FRIENDS OF THE GAMBIA -L particularly to those that sponsor
their parents to Travel to MECCA by using Globe Travel  Services.

Explanation to the circumstances relating to the tittle delay in Globe
Travel return journey from MECCA.

The Gambia New Millennium Airline being the sole charterer to
transported almost Two Thousand (2000) Gambian Pilgrims from various
Gambian Hajj Companies for Hajj 2001, G M N A operates an illusion 62
Aircraft with 174 Passengers Seating Capacity.

Since the Gambia New Millennium Airline (G. N.  M. A.  ) has 9 Hajj
flights to operate Banjul- Jeddah- Banjul and to transport all the
Gambian Pilgrims back to Banjul after the Hajj also in made four to Five
cancellations from the  Millennium Flight Operation which as a result
pushed the schedule backwards in the uplifting of the Pilgrims on the
dates arranged.  The G. N. M. A. had planned to hire a bigger Aircraft
B747 with 500 Passengers to carry the operation but later cancel the
plan due to some other reason.  Since each Company has its own  schedule
date of travel, the Globe Pilgrims had to continued to wait in their
Hotel in MAKKAH for their new travel date to be advice by the Gambia New
Millennium Agent in Jeddah and Banjul respectively.

AL HAMDU LILAAH  almost 200 Globe Travel Agency Pilgrims have return
home  safely leaving behind at JEDDAH Airport almost 150 Gambian
Pilgrims being the
G. N.  M. A. last Hajj flight comprises of Passengers from Makkah Travel
and Olympic Travel Agency which are expecting on 25th or 26th of March
2001.  Although before Globe Travel Pilgrims return to Banjul there has
being a lot of bad report and negative publicity about our Company but
all this have being proven as baseless and unfound stories when our
Pilgrims arrived into Banjul International Airport and started talking
to local Journalist and their respective family members who came to
welcome them at the Banjul International Airport.

Some of my competitors were using our little delay through the press,
Internet and unfounded roumous to destroy our image and repetitions.
Globe Travel has being in the HAJJ business for the pass Nine years and
has never had any major delay since nine ( 9) years.  We will accept
this years delay as destine by God and I promise strongly to avoid
similar delay INSAHA ALLAH in the near future.  For those of you who
have sponsored your parents through us we would like you to confirmed
through your parents our standard quality Operations and Services for
the HAJJ 2001.

So far all our Pilgrims have express their satisfaction and once more
total support for Globe Travel Agency and has dismiss all bad roumous
and publicity to the Gambian press and their families as well as in the
Gambia upon arrival at Banjul International Airport.

I thank you all for your support and understanding.

Regards
PA O. NJIE
MANAGING DIRECTOR     who accompanied the Globe Pilgrims to MAKKAH.
24th March 2001