GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 18:37:31 EDT
My uncle Suntou,

I understand you have some concerns and complaints regarding my
conversations and considerations with Yahya.

"haruna , you may have so much goodwill for our nation and her people but
doing a deal with yahya and his thuggish government will only encourage that
monster to continue floundering the laws of our land." Suntou.

You think my approach is ill-advised and misplaced Suntou? I wondered as
much myself. You indicate that it may further embolden Yahya to continue
flaunting the laws of Gambia. Well, consider that I do not seek  Yahya's better
wisdom. Is it likely he would cease flaunting laws if you  believe he was flaunting
laws prior? Think about it. What could Yahya possibly  do after my advances
that he would not otherwise do without my advances? And my  advances are benign
and valuable to both Yahya and Gambia. In the arena of  international
negotiations, others have done much more than Yahya but calm and  collected mediation
has convinced many a man to consider elusive value.

"he shouldn't be pacified over producing the persons of Osman Rambo  jatta
and kangiba kanyi."Suntou.

I agree with you. Yahya may not even have anything to do with the abduction
of Rambo and Kanyibaa Kanyi. I am simply appealing to whatever influence he
may  have with the real abductors so that he may bear positively on their better
 judgement because it is a further black mark on his presidency. That's all.
And  if Yahya actually abducted the duo, then they remain abducted as we
speak. They  were sought by the courts but to no avail. And you intimate that Yahya
controls  the courts. So the way I see it, short of forcefully demanding the
persons of  Rambo and Kanyibaa Kanyi, my advances may work with the assistance
of Allah and  Yahya's influence on either himself or the abductors if he did
not abduct them.  What do you think?

"as for fj manneh ,she is still going through the courts." Suntou.

But you have long since given up on the courts. Did you not share that  Yahya
ultimately controls the courts? What value would that court's decision
present to sympathisers of FJManneh?

"But should in case yahya accept your proposal and then some one like
me,yero,abdulkarim,pa nderry should set foot in the Gambia and we got arrested  are
you prepared to do another deal with him?" Suntou.

No need for the "But" and "in case". Should Yahya accept your proposal
Yes. If the conditions are then as they are now, I will seek to do another
deal on your honourable behalfs. Unless of course you advise me otherwise now
while you are not arrested. Then it will have been presumptuous of me to  seek
Yahya's better wisdom.

"The issue in our country shouldn't be about yahya," Suntou.

It is not. It is about Gambia and Gambians.

"that man is insignificant for us to waste vital energy on." Suntou.

I disagree with you here Suntou. Yahya is significant to the extent we
desire relief for our fellow citizens. Yahya may not be terribly valuable if he
allows wanton arrest and disappearances of his fellow citizens, but he could
demonstrate value by seeking their appearance. Think about this for a minute. I
know you can't wait to pounce on me.

"yes, he is the ruler today, but he is a damage good already."  Suntou.

You are not addressing the issue here. WHether Yahya is damaged goods or  not
does not speak to his irreparability.

"our attention i believe should be focus on up and coming politicians"
Suntou.

Let me know when you see one. I like to think I am up and coming also. Up  to
what or coming where seems to escape myself. I have this guatemalan  friend.
When he accomplishes a hitherto overwhelming feat he  screams; [Haruna, I
can't stand maaself]. You remind me of him a bit. He is  musling.

"and realigning the mind set our people." Suntou.

I thought you guys were doing that at PDOIS? Besides, I will not engage in
social and mental re-engineering. Go away Suntou. I luh you doh!

"yahya single-handedly plays with the judges, secretaries of state,
governors, business men, religious leaders, students, civil servants, the army,  and
the police and he will continue to meddle in every fibre of our small
society." Suntou.

I have taken the liberty of correcting your punctuations and sentence
structure above. I added spaces between your commas and succeeding words, I  have
placed a hyphen at single-handedly, I have added an "s" to play, I  have added
"and the" before police, I have changed "into" to "in", I have  discarded
"small" before "society" because I don't think any society is  small.
Now then. I understand you to be cognisant of Yahya's influence in all
fabrics of our society. I do disagree with you that Yahya plays with everyone in
Gambia. They are all cry-babies and I don't baby-sit adults. You can only be
played with when you allow another to play with you. Your essence is  your
integrity. If you allow yourself to be played with like a yo-yo in  order to save
your life or to feed your family, consider the value of such  shackled and
continued life. You're as good as dead because you're  a dead man walking. More
than likely, you will adversely affect the lives  of your family and fellow
citizens. I advise you kill yourself or another fellow  citizen take you out of
your misery. For you will be living the life of your  Player which in turn
multiplies the scope of the bully. What do you think  Suntou? And don't tell me
Islam advises you to allow to be played with.

"and you are motivated to do a deal with him. why?" Suntou.

I'm confident after you read my notes you will come away with a  different
disposition that will obviate this question immediately  above.

"the man thinks he is God-send" Suntou.

Are you sure? And if Yahya really thinks he is God-send, and he considers
himself a muslim, that could be a transgression unawares. Besides, the question
ought not be what Yahya thinks of himself but what you think of him, don't
you  think? You guys keep assigning all these things to Yahya and you perpetuate
 these myths about him. I'm sure that fed his dreams of the HIV cure. Yahya
will  be better served if we do not put words in his mouth and mis-represent
him to  Allah. He could be a prophet for Gambians, but he could also be an
anti-prophet.  I know you don't get it yet but consider that mere dispatch from
Allah does not  speak to the quality of the message or intent of Allah. What do
you think. Allah  sends serpents, Ibliss, Firawn, Khaaroon, etc., and he sent
Muhammad and  Nnabinna Eesaa. Any questions?

"and you want to entertain that outrageous idea of him?" Suntou.

What idea of him? What do I have to do with God sending someone? To do  what?
All I know is I am also sent by God and so are you. What we do or what
message we carry may or may not be valuable to our fellow citizen. Do you agree?
Well just take my word for it. Allah appointed me spokesman for my brother
Musa.

"tell you what, try talking to him on the phone through the Gambia high
commissioner in u.s and see what he tell you." Suntou.

No. I will not try to talk to Yahya through any high commissioner. I will
talk to Yahya the way those high commissioners talk to him. Do I look like an
idiot to talk to Yahya through some idiot commissioner? You underestimate me
Suntou my dear. I may be homeless and hungry but all the more reason I need to
speak to Yahya directly. For he cannot help me if he doesn't know the nature
of  my problem.

"the man who doesn't respect international protocol ,the man who dismissed
the jurisdiction of the ecowas court in Ghana just this week, yet you want to
do  a deal with him?" Suntou.

That is the problem of Yahya and friggin Ecowas. Not Haruna. or FJManneh,  or
Rambo, or Kanyibaa Kanyi, or even Suntou. Should Yahya or Ecowas request
assistance from me, I will solve the impasse for them expeditiously.

"may be, you are underestimating the callousness of this man."  Suntou.

No. I am not underestimating or overestimating anything. I don't even know
what is callous about Yahya. All I know is that Yahya is a human being like me.
 And he is a student of Islam.

"where are his closest Friends?" Suntou.

I don't know. Nor am I interested or concerned. That is only significant to
Yahya and his closest friends. Did you ask them where they are?

"from Baba jobe, Edward, Sana, and the many he dump just like a piece of
shit." Suntou.

Suntou, I cannot qualify the friendships between Yahya and these people you
mentioned. And I don't know who did the dumping or why. So I may not speak to
that. I don't like hearsay either. So I guess I'm a hopeless Gambian to you.
Try  Ma Yero.

"hey  Mr masoud, don't disregard your hard earn knowledge and wealth  for a
nonentity who believed in being worshipped day and night." Suntou.

I am not wasting my hard-earned anything. I seek to trade it with
considerations. Human considerations. If Yahya believes in being worshipped, he  will
have to look elsewhere for the worshipper. Not here. And you may not  know that
but Yahya does. And I don't think Yahya believes that he ought to be
worshipped. That in itself will go against his Islam. Why do you people keep
mis-representing Yahya so??? Don't friggin piss me off.

"keep that intellectual property for the Gambia when her people can taste
the dream of proper leadership and genuine democracy." Suntou.

NO. Democracy is a dynamic monster. It does not wait for no one. We are
supposed to yield democracy. It doesn't just happen on us at the "right" time.
All time is right for democracy. Besides, how will you recognize democracy if it
 hit you upside the head with this wait and see attitude. That is for useless
 journalists. Not me. I am denmocracy and I will live everyday like its my
last.

"take a pot shot at my silly posting," Suntou.

Suntou, I think you underestimate me much. If you look at all my notes I
have written to you, you will find that they are chuck full of wisdom and benign
conversation. I know we Gambians have this tendency to be insulted when our
fellow citizen shares of his/her knowledge for our advancement but I pray that
 Allah showers you with his bounty. I am a conduit of Allah's bounty so the
wealth, education, health, or capacity I may have is meant to be shared  with
humanity. If I hold on to it, Allah has advised it may prevent the infusion
of new wealth, education, health, and capacity. Try that disposition. There
could not be any other fellow citizen who may love you as much as I do. Don't
get any funny ideas.

"i don't care but i have to tell this nonsense though." Suntou.

You must know that I welcome nonsense. It is from nonsense that we can make
sense. Consider that if there were no ugly people, we may not be able to
qualify  beauty.

"have a good day." Suntou.

Thank you sir. I wish you the same. In fact I aim to contribute to the
goodness of your day, not merely wish it for you. Are you happier now than  before
you spoke with me? Very well.

"direct your concern for FJM and the rest through the proper Chanel."  Suntou.

Indeed. Thanx for the advice. I have determined that the proper channel for
that is Direct-Yahya or through my chosen interlocutors. Unless you share good
 reason with me to do otherwise. I vill be vaiting forrrr Yew!!!

"put your weight into convincing the American ambassador into playing the
diplomat card," Suntou.

Suntou, the American Ambassador is in Gambia. I am confident he will be
honourable and he probably has already spoken to Yahya. Besides, FJManneh was
given sanctuary by America. Now then, that does not have anything to do with
what Haruna ought to do for his fellow citizen. I will speak to the  American,
British, Taiwanes, Senegalese, Cuban, Iranian, SierraLeonean,  Ghanaian,
Nigerian, French, Canadian, Libyan, Swedish, and all other Ambassadors  in addition
to speaking with Yahya. Not in lieu of it.

"yahya will listen, the man is a coward, he only pretends to be brave."
Suntou.

Suntou, you got some issues. Yahya will listen because he is human. Not
because he is a coward feigning bravado. You scare me Suntou. What are you
studying again? Do you think you should change disciplines or is that too late?
Haroun. Oh men. If you were'nt my uncle, I'd get mad at you right about  now.
Masoud. BambaLaye, can you speak to this PDOIS man please!!! Men. And  I thought
they are armchair revolutionaries. Al Mutawakkil. Jesus friggin  christ. MQDT.
Darbo.

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I have thought  long and hard and I have shared my purpose with my partner at
Darbo  Consultants LLC. I have been duly advised that my intellectual
property
related to our iterative methods is now property of the Partnership by
implied easement. However, I have the green light to share it with the APRC
administration if Yahya would consider releasing FJManneh without prejudice
and
presenting Rambo and Kanyiba Kanyi in front of a court of law. I think  these
are
honourable and benign gestures for Yahya in exchange for my  offering to do
the work of the SOS and their under-secretaries. I am willing  to choose
Baboucarr Jatta or Tamsir Mbowe as interlocutor to complete both  my
considerations
and Yahya's goodwill.

Haroun. If any of our  honourable colleagues here know the best way to reach
either Baboucarr or  Tamsir, please share it privately with me. Or if anyone
is
in regular  contact with either of them, please have them email their
contacts to me. If  Yahya is still not comfortable with these considerations
after
our  negotiations, I will probably still be able to assist him in completing
his  desire for Gambia in as much as the MDGs are concerned. Masoud. MQDT.
Darbo.