GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Mr. O. B. Silla" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 05:36:34 EST
Mr. Jaw,

The bottomline is all these failures and disappointments in Gambia's soccer history boils down to lack of adequate funding to hone those very sharp talents you alluded to.  Let's compare and contrast this thesis with what Nigeria for example, is currently paying to maintain their Coach Jo Bonfre and the type of payments and bonuses committed to the players; one would decipher glaringly why money is so integral in the development/enchancement of sports.

Unfortunately, we don't have the type of wells of oil that Nigeria and other soccer giants have.  Putting fingers cross, hoping that our much talked about oil prospects come true otherwise, we are still in for more defeats/failures in the soccer world.

Anyway, good luck to the Scorpions and Wallidan against their match ups.

Adios,
OB Silla.